bringing a gsr satria back to life

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Q Ho Lee

From Facebook
there is this satria i could get a hold of.. which has been abandoned for bout 3~4 years but i dont know if it'll be worth it.

its got preety much no interior, there seems to be a piggyback ecu (e-mange) and the engine seems to be a 1.8 gsr turbo(not entirely sure.. could be a hybrid:hmmmm:)

but what i want to know from all the sifus out there is what do u need to change/fix/whatever to get it back in good running condition? and around how long would it take? how much would it set me back??

thank you in advance :adore:

what about suspension/tyre/batt/lubricants?? or the bearings or the engine or the tranny?? no need to change or overhaul? thats what i wanted to know..

but thank you anyways

u need around 10k...no need to change anything first...let it run first...

hmm... 4yrs never start the car.. put new battery and some fuel in.. the car can drive??:hmmmm:

yup best thing to do is to start the car. see from there, any knocking sound or weird sound... but for suspension and tyre is a must to change... timimg belt and all, engine flush, radiator flush, compreser, alternator, also check the wayaring...

yes that a better question... anyway if u wan swap wit my 1.8 na engine la.. provided the engine has all the doc...

yes that a better question... anyway if u wan swap wit my 1.8 na engine la.. provided the engine has all the doc...

i think your engine faster than that gsr engine le....u spend so much on your engine edi....
:adore:

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

from my point of view, its no point reviving it, it will costs u a bomb,
y not get already modified GSR.....just buy & drive....

sifu sifu here very keng... havent see the car condition can estimate how much u need to restore the car....

i think your engine faster than that gsr engine le....u spend so much on your engine edi....
:adore:

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

from my point of view, its no point reviving it, it will costs u a bomb,
y not get already modified GSR.....just buy & drive....

where got bro.. biasa saja... somemore got knocking sound. haven check yet also. think must overhaul already.

dun forget to service all 4 brakes...

4years...shud be jammed now

skywalker.. assuming the car was in good running condition before.. how much would it be?

and to others the car was a road car on its way to becoming a track car.. but project got cancelled and its been there since...

take a forman to the car and see the cond, if like this is just a guessing game... we cant give u an amount... easily from 5k to 15k depand on wat u wan to do wit the car...?? it left outside under the sun and rain or covered in a garage????? engine standard or been mod???. how cheap is the car now/???

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

i also agree wit DANZ, better to get a mod running cond.. can drive it and see if u like it or not....

going to go see the owner on friday with mechanic to properly inspect the car and negotiate a deal with him to see itll be worth the effort money and time.

thank you to all those who commented and i will keep you guys updated!

thank you danz, hopefully everything will go well, cheap price and the car is in good condition.. then ill only need to spend little bit:biggrin:

Top Bottom