Anyone have experience bringing back cars from overseas?

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Guys,

Anyone one of you or your friends/relatives have experience bringing back cars from overseas? For example you own a car for 2 years while studying in Australia and you brought it back to Malaysia. I read before somewhere that if you own a car for 2 years or more in another country, you are allowed to bring it back.

I'm keen to find out what is the procedure and how much it costs......

Thanks!

eg_08_wa

May 31, 2005
australia
yes my fren have done this before he studying in australia... just make sure u pay everyfink in the country u ship from so prepay everyfink otherwise u pay in malaysia 4 sure kena one..but yes is tru if u is a student oversea then u can import the car back without getting taxed

Johnyblze

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
perth,WA & Subang Jaya
Visit site
eg_08_wa said:
yes my fren have done this before he studying in australia... just make sure u pay everyfink in the country u ship from so prepay everyfink otherwise u pay in malaysia 4 sure kena one..but yes is tru if u is a student oversea then u can import the car back without getting taxed
bro..all car also kena tax..with student AP or not...AP is just an Import approval to bring your car back..tax still tax..duty also have to pay...:)

Johnyblze

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
perth,WA & Subang Jaya
Visit site
NoName said:
how to find out how much is the duty or tax???

I don't understand why different cars have different tax level. Could it be your friend's car is modified?
depends on the car cc and yeaqr of make..no two way abt it..customs have their own price list to check with..:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day all,

My car got out about 3 weeks ago, made some changes on it.

Well, now my boost reading is zero(0) when idling, when throttle a little, it goes down....then if boost it goes up a little...

what is going on???

Also would like to know if there's any difference on NA and Turbo throttle body.

The boost meter is in working condition as i tested with few other units of meter, and it's showing the same sign.

Even if i hose it straight from the throttle body hose, still...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience