BMW reveals next gen 6 Series in the form of 6 Series Coupe Concept

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The boys from Bavaria might still be attaching the ‘concept’ moniker to the 6 Series Coupe Concept that’s bound for Paris but make no mistake, this is pretty much the next generation BMW 6 Series that will make it to showrooms early next year.

It’s based on the underpinnings of the F10 5 Series with design cues primarily from the Grand Coupe Concept that was shown in Beijing. The 6 Series gets the brand’s upright nose along with a set of full LED headlamps. On the rear, the curvature is more contoured with some sharper lines to emphasize it.

The interior is pretty much text book BMW with a slight organic feel to the asymmetrical center console that tilts towards the driver. Sitting center of the dash is a huge display that houses the navigation as well. Apart from that, the leather and aluminium trims make their presence felt to finish things off. The steering wheel has also been slightly redesigned but still essentially retains the basic lines.

The catch here is that since the name still contains the word ‘concept,’ logic dictates that there won’t be a powerplant under the hood. Hence, no details are available on the engine options yet but expect the current line up of naturally aspirated straight sixes and V8’s to find their way to the engine bay. Power for the M6 variant should be from the same 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8 that is found in the soon-to-be released M5. Expect a power figure of over 550hp.

Source: Autoblog

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys..
i'd like to ask how come my car max out around 150+ km/h only..
while other ppl can go 170+
my car seems to be reving high but the speed doesnt increase...
my friend told me need to remove something then only can max out the speed..
he said proton put it in so that u cannot go fast...
issit the plastic thing that when u press on the accelerator below that..?
or issit something inside the engine that needs to be removed?

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience