Beware when passing through flyover!

Emp

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
JB
Guys I would liked to share this.....today I was driving my mom for breakfast in the morning(in JB) and when passing through a overhead bridge(for pedestrians 1) then suddenly a minor stone fell on my car.My windscreen got a minor chipped.After that I did not stop but were looking at the side mirror and see no 1 up there.Hope all drivers out there be more careful when passing through flyover:mad::mad:.Btw I wonder if those good tint on the market now which got some impact resistant will help??

Attachments

Last edited:

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
Ive seen along north south highway ( north bound after Ipoh) People trowing bricks to cars and Heavy vehicles. beware when you see people along the highway...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Massive_infusion...i can concur to yr statement...there were some reported cases as what u said. there was 1 case in particular that i remember was a guy who lost sight in one of his eye after a stone that was thrown went thru the windshield n hit him in the eye. they never found the culprit.

Emp...good tint wont help in avoiding cracks since the tint is on the inside of the glass...i've thought of putting a 2nd layer of tint on the outside(maybe those they use to tint headlamps - clear type) but am not sure if it will work since the wipers and elements will cause it to deteriorate. a good set of thick security tint on the inside will however increase the percentage of stopping the stone from penetrating into the cabin.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
too many tint might block yr vision. laminated windshield is good enuf to withstand stones ...
but lately there was one case a guy killed by flying stones which penetrated into his car while travelling on highway......

terryhendra

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Same case with u bro...last week was driving pass overhead bridge after sungkai...then suddenly my windscreen hit by pebble from nowhere.....i curse those scums to die in an terrible accident

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
too many tint might block yr vision. laminated windshield is good enuf to withstand stones ...
but lately there was one case a guy killed by flying stones which penetrated into his car while travelling on highway......
Agree, with you. laminated windscreen is actually good enough to prevent it from shattering...

From what I heard from the news the stone that killed that guy was 12cm big. Out of nowhere, the stone flew through his windscreen. Hit right on his chest. He died due to broken ribs. Was unable to save him when arrive at hospital from what i can recall.

Arturo:
Ya, is really dangerous man, didn't know there are people who did it on purpose. They just don't know the danger and such childish act will one be in a thinking of a child. :banghead:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Beware...even a large cup of slurpee can penetrate partialy thru a laminated windscreen

YouTube- Mythbusters - Soda Cup Killer Pt. 2
and
http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-soda-cup-killer-angle-3.html

quote from wikipedia...
"In a test run at 40 miles per hour (64 km/h), the cup was able to crack the windshield. At the full 60 mph (97 km/h), the cup pierced the windshield, but did not retain enough force to be lethal to Buster. They then decided to switch to using soda cans. While they worked better at piercing the windshield, Adam was unable to hit the windshield accurately enough to hit Buster. They resorted to using a shoulder mounted air cannon Jamie built, but still could not hit the windshield accurately enough. With one windshield left, the MythBusters instead fired at the windshield at point blank range, "killing" Buster. However, since the cup lacked the power to harm Buster, the myth was declared Busted. The MythBusters did point out that the situation was dangerous; the driver on the receiving end would likely be startled by the cup, and would have trouble seeing out of the cracked windshield, likely resulting in a crash (and possibly death)."

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
On NSE not only need to beware of flyover but on the expressway itself...me kena once a big stone flying from opposite direction & punch a hole on my windscreen :bawling:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I only kena once on highway...all of a sudden flew one small stone hit my windscreen and got 1 tiny crack the size of that small stone there...still there though..:biggrin:

Emp

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
JB
i also kena before, that time was passing under the overhead brigde just before Mid Valley Megamall, the whole windscreen shattered.
Wuahhh shattered!!?? Then able to stop safely??? Those:stupid::stupid:peoples is causing so much danger to us.....btw how much does it cost you to replace the windscreen bro??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
talk about bad luck....my wife this morning just kena stone on her windscreen....whole windscreen cracked and shattered. Need to replace a new one. Her arm and palm got a few minor cuts...stop the car by the side and call her mum and me.....lucky she's not hurt badly.
I called up my friends to go over to the scene....she's was travelling along a road with bushes on the side. So gonna fetch her home tonight.

If i caught those bastard who did this...gonna break their arms..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
talk about bad luck....my wife this morning just kena stone on her windscreen....whole windscreen cracked and shattered. Need to replace a new one. Her arm and palm got a few minor cuts...stop the car by the side and call her mum and me.....lucky she's not hurt badly.
I called up my friends to go over to the scene....she's was travelling along a road with bushes on the side. So gonna fetch her home tonight.

If i caught those bastard who did this...gonna break their arms..
what uncivilized ASSHOLES!!!

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
Emp I think u might have misunderstood at whom kumar's comment is directed at..

Emp

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
JB
Ooops......I am sorry then......*quick2 remove*:redface::redface:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guyz... need ur help.. jz now i bought a set of small bulb from enous 1 utama... since i dono how to install so wanna ask da guy there to install but they say have to pay minimum of RM 10 for installation on any product except its stated free installation.. thinking it would be kinna easy job to DIY, don wan waste another RM 10 on it.. so guyz.. can show me how to DIY install small bulb in headlights for a wira? plz :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience