best wheel size for both handling and performance

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
hi all sifus, need some advice.

from your experience, which are the best rim size for sw20 for both its performance and handling?
i realize that most owners will go for 17", what about 16"? or should i keep it 15"?

thanks!

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
17 = good size in terms of looks, performance and plenty of tyre size & choices

16 = are great but tyres are hard to come by not to mention crazy new prices

But it really depends what you want out of your wheel change, looks? performance? Autocrossing?

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
my rims now are 15", tot that by changing to a bigger rims will improve the handling (of cos that by increasing the wheel size, i will lose some pick up.) as i heard that increasing the rims size too much i might lose the performance. so i tot that i could get some advice on the rims size. but if its like u said 16" are hard to come by and expensive, that leaves me 17".. haha

KP61

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Visit site
The bigger your rims the the lower your profile that helps the car in turns(less roll). Get lighter rims, this will compensate for the car lost of power. Loss of power depends on what sort of rims & tyres you are using(total weight) compare to your new 17"s. Happy hunting......ask iexit....he got a lot of lobang.....:itsme:

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
thanks for the advice KP!
ooh.. iexit you really got lobang??? (acutally i was tempted to get te37, but as i know the prices are quite high) :D
btw, how much roughly u all spend on the tyres for 17"?

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
iexit will offer his nismo rims to u 1st i guess.....hahaha....

tyres depending on brand & model.....
if all round yokohama AD07 will cost u more than RM2k new

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
First of all I only got 2 lubang, one on my right pocket the other on my left. Secondly the NISO rim is awesome! And it ROCKS! Until I get a better rim it’s the best rim in the world :-D LOL

Light rims is the way to go, nothign else comes close. GO for 17inch.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

has anyone start using 'JUICE' yet? How was it? Does it really help with the Fuel Consumption? Jst curious.. :rolleyes: For example ur car runs on fuel RM0.10 per kilometer, after using juice what's the result?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience