best ezos for MIVEC

aja

Dec 3, 2003
Mind to tell us which mivec gen. u are driving now?. My previous 2nd gen mivec manual, running on lancer body(like evo 4-6 body), i use 2.2" piping with 1 mid bullet & like Perdana V6 straight flow muffler.

Result ok jer.

sugardude

Aug 18, 2004
mivec gen2

Bro...
i'm running mivec gen2 as well!
Thanks for the feedback

MonsterTacho

Dec 9, 2003
dudes.....how do u tell what generation is the MIVEC?>

im using 3" btw, running a hybrid.

sugardude

Aug 18, 2004
exhaust

Thanks man!
what about the center bullet and mufler any recomended brand?
straight flow or S flow?

gsrTurbo9166

Apr 23, 2005
if to me i wil take straight flow.
there do joining part btw the muffler n piping coz when u need to change muffler is easier(look nice oso).
my wil recommend u to go for hks,bro.

HanafyEG

Mar 14, 2005
depends on ur setup..if standard..2.2 is ok..inlet diameter..if u have done some modification internally like cams, bigger pistons..then inlet diameter of the ekzos is 2.5..no need to use big ekzos pipes..lost power...straight flow is the best..no restriction of air..

aja

Dec 3, 2003
sugardude said:
Bro...
i'm running mivec gen2 as well!
Thanks for the feedback
sugardude,

Oh ok. BTW, yours is running on Lancer Mivec MR la. Manual or Tiptronic?. If manual, then the gear ratio really damn good for 1.6cc car. Coz now i'm driving Accord Euro R H22A, the gear ratio also almost the same, except for the 5th gear & torquey 2.2cc engine.(& plus the heavy body too!)

My previous Lancer Mivec Ratio :-
1st. 62kmh 83++ rpm cut-off
2nd 102kmh 83++ rpm cut-off
3rd 148kmh 83++ rpm cut-off, sometimes 146kmh, depends on loads
4th 198kmh 83++ rpm cut-off , sometime 200 kmh depends on loads
5th 237kmh 73++ rpm. Manufacturer quoted around there 235kmh only.

Have u tried the topspeed before?. Try la. my previous Lancer Mivec, running on stock standard except for the 2.2" piping & HKS open pod filter can reached max of 237 kmh topspeed (RSM reading). FYI, This reading is before i install the lighten flywheel.

I still have with me few Mivec items like HKS open-pod filters, Exedy lighten flywheel 5.38kgs (been using for 3 months then sold my car) , K&N Air filter & heat barrier (aluminium made, just install only)

Do pm/let me know if u really interested.

If u need to know more about the engine, do pm me, cause proir to this, i've been driving the Mivec r for about 4 years. Spareparts etc. Really fun 1.6cc car to play with, other than Vtec.

HyperRevved 6313

Apr 19, 2005
Excedy Lighten Racing Flywheel?

aja said:
sugardude,

Oh ok. BTW, yours is running on Lancer Mivec MR la. Manual or Tiptronic?. If manual, then the gear ratio really damn good for 1.6cc car. Coz now i'm driving Accord Euro R H22A, the gear ratio also almost the same, except for the 5th gear & torquey 2.2cc engine.(& plus the heavy body too!)

My previous Lancer Mivec Ratio :-
1st. 62kmh 83++ rpm cut-off
2nd 102kmh 83++ rpm cut-off
3rd 148kmh 83++ rpm cut-off, sometimes 146kmh, depends on loads
4th 198kmh 83++ rpm cut-off , sometime 200 kmh depends on loads
5th 237kmh 73++ rpm. Manufacturer quoted around there 235kmh only.

Have u tried the topspeed before?. Try la. my previous Lancer Mivec, running on stock standard except for the 2.2" piping & HKS open pod filter can reached max of 237 kmh topspeed (RSM reading). FYI, This reading is before i install the lighten flywheel.

I still have with me few Mivec items like HKS open-pod filters, Exedy lighten flywheel 5.38kgs (been using for 3 months then sold my car) , K&N Air filter & heat barrier (aluminium made, just install only)

Do pm/let me know if u really interested.

If u need to know more about the engine, do pm me, cause proir to this, i've been driving the Mivec r for about 4 years. Spareparts etc. Really fun 1.6cc car to play with, other than Vtec.
Want to enquire ... U install a lighten Exedy Flywheel to ur mivec engine last time ? As i kno if u install that it will decrease your final drive ratio ... Pick up very fast but top speed is not that good anymore .... izit true after u install ? what have u modify in ur previous mivec engine?

sugardude

Aug 18, 2004

Bro...
Thanks for the feedback. Hope a could learn a thing or two from you!

aja

Dec 3, 2003
HyperRevved 6313 said:
Want to enquire ... U install a lighten Exedy Flywheel to ur mivec engine last time ? As i kno if u install that it will decrease your final drive ratio ... Pick up very fast but top speed is not that good anymore .... izit true after u install ? what have u modify in ur previous mivec engine?
hyperRevved,
Ah. your nick name exactly the same as HyperRev Workshop in Pandan Indah. Ah Siong or..Something, can't remember the guy name. i think he still can remember my car thou.. Last 2 years ago, try with their wira 1.8 mivec. don't know what sort of mod the wira did. I didn't drive my car that time. Still par with par with that wira mivec. BTW, my car as usual STOCK STANDARD!. Asked him, sure he can remember me one. The S. Alam guy.

By installing the Exedy flywheel, i noticed the pick-up a bit lighter. Top speed not so sure, cause after I installed it i used to cruise around 218-220 kmh also, several times(when got a chance to try, normally at LPT during balik kg!). Actually, the 237 kmh topspeed i tried it like 3-4 times only like that. When got chance to do it. You know la M'sian highway. So, not so sure also if the lighten flywheel sacrify the topspeed. Moreover, this flywheel is a aftermarket product, not potong2 one.

My previous mivec is totally standard, as mentioned earlier except for the 2.2" piping & HKS open-pod air filter.

sugardude,

your Pm replied.

HyperRevved 6313

Apr 19, 2005
Yeap i'm from hyper workshop . My car was modify here . u tried with his car before ? U dint drive your car there then wat car u bring to test with him ? No body wins at the end ? Actually that wira convert engine more then 10 times already . what n/a or turbo engine also he put before . Sometimes i also not sure what engine he's using now ....

I'm using excedy racing clutch but lighten wan i really seldom hear about it ... i'll check out anyway .

MonsterTacho

Dec 9, 2003
AJA: your ex-mivec 1.6L can go up to 237kmh top speed????? serious shit ar? yours was 1.8 or 1.6????? That is not bad man.

ppl say that the RSM is not accurate sometimes. dunno whether true onot

aja

Dec 3, 2003
HyperRevved 6313 said:
Yeap i'm from hyper workshop . My car was modify here . u tried with his car before ? U dint drive your car there then wat car u bring to test with him ? No body wins at the end ? Actually that wira convert engine more then 10 times already . what n/a or turbo engine also he put before . Sometimes i also not sure what engine he's using now ....

I'm using excedy racing clutch but lighten wan i really seldom hear about it ... i'll check out anyway .
Hahahaha. So my anticipation is right la. One those day, they tried my car Lancer mivec with his black wira black. His wira mivec got spoiler & few meters also. Looks like 'rally' car to me. Looks like turbo car to me. At last, i knew it's only mivec 1.8. I don't dare to drive my car that day cause i don't have racing skill & never dragged before. But, that was like 2-3 years ago. Can't remember also. Long time didn't go there. My car also sold already.

About the Exedy Lighten flywheel, u can call KSP Racing at 03 5636000 to confirm about it. BTW, the one Sugardude & me previously drove was CJ4A/CK2A model.

MonsterTacho,
Yeap. 237 kmh. I still remember. Tried few times at PLUS Hway, when got a chance. The last time i tried was when a 4.6cc X5 cucuked me at that speed, while going to Melaka.
BTW, mine is 1.6 stock standard. Surprise right?. Me lagi surprised. My current Accord Euro R CL1 DOHC Vtec H22A 220ps (Tyre R engine) gear ratio is moreless my previous mivec 1.6L. What are 'coincident'!. Actually, i'm expecting Euro R much2 better. Vtec Type R beb!. At last, moreless reading like Mivec 1.6, except for the 5th gear (since it's 2.2cc engine) BTW, both reading recorded from the same RSM (i used back my previous RSM into my Euro R). Hopefully, the RSM give an accurate reading la. If not, no comment la.

HI guys and sifu's

i would like to change's my stock VR4 i/c piping to a fully stainless steel piping and this is my question.

1. is it true that ssteel i/c piping flow better than a stock?

2. how many inches that most realibility for my i/c piping.

3. how much it cost?

sory bro im just a newbee here...maybe it's a basic question but it really mean much to me... thanxxxxxxxx