Beep sound when lights on

lcchong

Known Member
May 18, 2009
http://sheds.oldholden.com/pez1/Projects/Buzzer/

this site not bad........ just use a buzzer excluding the relay...... less complicate for me... :smokin:

Bump: bad idea actually....... will always buzz when i open the car door even when the car still idling... :banghead:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
I done it without relay. just using transistors and resistors.
however mine will flash strobe lights.. (can hook a buzzer too)..

but so far I havent wire it up to my car yet.. so lazy person i am.. wahaha..
actually, i am thinking to make a casing for the strobe LED lights.. so that its nice..

wait for it.. later after complete, i post in DIY section.. complete with schematic, wiring and all.
its very easy actually.

wait arr..:biggrin::driver:

lcchong

Known Member
May 18, 2009
those planing to use relay, dun buy the wrong type......

use this one......

lcchong

Known Member
May 18, 2009
not yet laa....... just bought the buzzer at jln pasar..... RM4.50 only...... relay RM8....

85 - 86 or 86 -85 (relay; also can ) shud be the power from ignition cable....

30 draw power from head light switch.....

connect buzzer +ve to 87a...... buzzer -ve connect to???? now lost already...... shud be ground...... :stupid:

tadaa........ :proud::burnout:

lcchong

Known Member
May 18, 2009
I done it without relay. just using transistors and resistors.
however mine will flash strobe lights.. (can hook a buzzer too)..

but so far I havent wire it up to my car yet.. so lazy person i am.. wahaha..
actually, i am thinking to make a casing for the strobe LED lights.. so that its nice..

wait for it.. later after complete, i post in DIY section.. complete with schematic, wiring and all.
its very easy actually.

wait arr..:biggrin::driver:
pic pls..........

i remove the covering for my car key ignition system...... there's 5 wires... 2 black, 2 blue and 1 white (thickest)..... which one is the ACC wire? :hmmmm:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
bro lcchong.. sorry late reply to u.. i very seldom to come in here.. anyway, i didnt open at ignition key area to tap the ACC. i dono bout ur car la, but my car got ACC point at the radio/cd player unit... (if ur car have a cd player, i think the wire is there also.. ) so that when u take out key, the cd all stop and power off.. i just tap there only..

i m so lazy lately.. haha.. but i will get it done soon.. perhaps next week.. the circuit all done already.. i will post in DIY section er.. in another thread la... with schematic and everything..
sorry to keep u all waiting for long.. laziness no cure wan.. kakaka :biggrin:

lcchong

Known Member
May 18, 2009
bro lcchong.. sorry late reply to u.. i very seldom to come in here.. anyway, i didnt open at ignition key area to tap the ACC. i dono bout ur car la, but my car got ACC point at the radio/cd player unit... (if ur car have a cd player, i think the wire is there also.. ) so that when u take out key, the cd all stop and power off.. i just tap there only..

i m so lazy lately.. haha.. but i will get it done soon.. perhaps next week.. the circuit all done already.. i will post in DIY section er.. in another thread la... with schematic and everything..
sorry to keep u all waiting for long.. laziness no cure wan.. kakaka :biggrin:
how bout the grounding? just tap to car body? won't drain the battery right?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
lcchong, yes you can just tap any grounding point.. like any metal screw that is attached to the car body... should be ok..

khguan, yea.. if dont have small multimeter, then can always use test bulb to check for ACC point.. better be safe than sorry... i blown few fuses on my car before due to no proper checking kakaka

Bump: lcchong, yes you can just tap any grounding point.. like any metal screw that is attached to the car body... should be ok..

khguan, yea.. if dont have small multimeter, then can always use test bulb to check for ACC point.. better be safe than sorry... i blown few fuses on my car before due to no proper checking kakaka

lcchong

Known Member
May 18, 2009

yahoo..........!

i tap the +ve to [relay 85] and -ve to [relay 86]...... both from the ciggy +/-ve.......

then tap +ve from ACC to [relay 30]... then [relay 87a] to buzzer +ve terminal... and 1k resistor to reduce the buzzer sound and buzzer -ve terminal to ACC -ve cable......

done testing.......! :smokin:

hav not finished tape the wire nicely...... :proud:

DIY is priceless.........! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

many thanks 4 the guidance........! :adore:

i notice that the wires get warm if i tap i the +ve to [relay 85] and -ve to [relay 86]...... both from the ciggy +/-ve....... :bawling:

for safety, i add 15A fuse prior to the relay (rated 20A)..... any suggestion? :bawling:

Last edited:

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
Bro... Im a newbie here.. Wad u mean by ACC n where u finds it?

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
Bro.. tis diagram not working on iswara la... i tried.. when light is ON ign OFF then no sound.. when light ON ign ON oli got sound... FYI when light OFF ign ON also no sound..