BBK Upgrade n Brands

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
to better get the brake with pads that r easy to get. if get the very rare one like grippen or willwood or stoptech or whatever but no pads are available then no use bro.. i would recommend aristo or if u want more bling, get k-sport.
agreed, and on top of that you should judge how much you're wiling to spend for replacement pads / discs in the future. Brembos pads are best replacement for brembo calipers in my opinion but they can cost quite a bit

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Nope, if fitting aristo brakes.. just prepare around RM1.5k for fitting plus items.. excluding pads.. that's all.. i'm on aristo brakes too... you can see my pics somewhere in zth.. haha.. happy modding.. the stopping i must say it's better than my GTO 4pot on the other car...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
depends on the caliper oso.... like the nissan R32 R33 aluminium calipers are even lighter than my single pot H22A caliper...

hell... even the silvia calipers which are cast iron oso is still lighter than my H22A caliper. hahahah

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
The calipers are light... But the disc are heavy as hell unless you change to 2piece rotor.... Calipers are made of aluminium...

devilsrules

Known Member
Jul 1, 2009
Thanks for all the reply n suggestion...will really consider either Sumitumo or K-Sport...

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Bro...may I know what car r u driving? Any pic of ur BBK?

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I think price should be what 4gBanger quote...if Sumitumo brake change 2piece rotor and pads think the price will go up closing in buying a new sets of Taiwan brands BBK...

Last edited:

viperxs

Jul 6, 2006
In my opinion your ride is a "bit off" in a sense that it is MPV. What I meant is that you will need to factor other things as well such as ride height, load etc. What I experienced when I first installed bbk on the front is that it feels like my car have too much stopping power and I can feel that I'm being thrown to the front yet it feels that the rear are still "playing up". I did some research before finally finding the mate at the rear that makes me happy. Not sure if it's just me or there are some actual theories to backed this up but merely sharing what I feel. So if it is actually holds true then you need to get both front and rear researched and done as otherwise you may feel that the car is throwing to the front but yours would have bigger impact since ride height is a lot greater.
In terms of common stuff like pads, if you do get not common brakes then what you can do is always have one spare set at home. That's what I did.
BBK might not always be the case. Some actually changed to a better pads and some changed to better/bigger/featureristic (I made that word up, means the disc have features like slotted etc) disc. These do play pivotal role in your stopping quest. Some instead of getting a BBK which can be costly, you may just get a really good caliper to mate with your existing disc/rotor.
Don't have any clue what rims you are running now but check if the BBK fits in there. Size and offset of rim matters for clearance depending on BBK

devilsrules

Known Member
Jul 1, 2009
Viperxs-Thanks for the details info...I know is an MPV that's y I'm considering to upgrade the BBK or not...what I needed is more stop power n try not to lose the comfort of not being throw out...I have try few of the option said by you...my ride is lowered and currently using endless pads and I have the right off set for my rim which is more then enough to clear the BBK...may I know which BBK u bought?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

okay.. decided to get a toyota vios....
Plz tell me what can i modify...
in terms of the LOOKS, PERFORMANCE and ICE
i hav 10-15k budget... i would like to divide the money into all 3 categories...
so mind to share??
what good ICE can i put for 5k?
any bodykits ? any nice sample pictures? hoods? and so on?
performance wise.. supercharge? turbocharge?
I do not wish to implant another engine as im buying a new car
plz do help out...
wanna set my plan out
thank u
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience