Auto <-> Manual

facelift

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Anyone here know how much to change from auto to manual and vice versa. Lets say I have someone to change his MT gearbox with my AT gearbox. Same car model. Specifically Waja.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
change from auto to manual is ceaper..cos less work...just my 2cent
i also wan to change to manual if i didn change car...but still thinking..

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
not necessary to be cheap if converting from auto to manual......it depends on the car & many times a lot of stuffs would need to be replaced if conv. from auto to manual......like drive shafts , wheel hubs , engine mountings & etc.......it may not be a very straight forward conversion as we may think........i did for my iswara auto some years back & i regretted doing it.......it was never perfect !!!! maybe my mechanic was not competent enough.....so get a good mechanic & he may be able to advice you b4 embarking on the job.......

waja3348

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Kota Damansara
there's 1 person i knew in this forums has done the conversion on his waja frm auto > manual. "kent20 - the supporting merchant". he did it around RM2k+

facelift

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Wahh 2K quite expensive. Better save some more then buy half cut. :smile:

waja3348

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Kota Damansara
that RM2k already done via half-cut lor.. remember, u need lots of adjustments/replacement when doing conversion though. it's not fit-to-fit things.

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
sell your car and buy a manual one. i thought of switching mine to manual too, but apparently there's lots of work involved. example, u haf to put in the clutch pedal and then u haf to put it the shifter. not as straight forward. auto can be quite convenient at times too =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My buddy has been contacting me prior receiving his new CBU twin turbo

it must be another UDM

Ladies and gentleman...presenting you ....

it has been a long time since i last post....although I down but not out, have been doing a numerous opti coating here there...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience