audio problem

gomez

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
nope..i wanted to, but the shop owner don't recommend it since im not changing d whole sound system..so i added a player which is connected to d whole bose sound system thru aux input..and it still sounds great!

the pioneer player can play usb stick songs too, so i dont use cd anymore, just plug in usb..plus it has a remote control so i dont have to turn back and change songs (or watch dvd!)

i never had any problem with the left speaker..but i think the shop can help you out..they fixed my subwoofer bass problem..

vampbreak

Known Member
Feb 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Walauwey, sound interesting. Just wondering, now you mentioned that you connect the new head unit to existing bose unit, can you still control the song using your control button on steering wheel?

And watching the DVD thing, are you using the existing stock japanese monitor lcd?

Last edited:

yewming

Known Member
Aug 24, 2008
just fyi, i got fed up with the whole cd player/audio cutting out on the left problem so i decided to install a new alpine HU. i must say the sound now is so much better than the original bose HU using the oem speakers. i would recommend changing the HU if you are having problems... the improvement over the OEM HU is definitely worth it! :)

next i plan to try and fix the dang bose player following the instructions (from the link posted on this thread)...

vampbreak

Known Member
Feb 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
just fyi, i got fed up with the whole cd player/audio cutting out on the left problem so i decided to install a new alpine HU. i must say the sound now is so much better than the original bose HU using the oem speakers. i would recommend changing the HU if you are having problems... the improvement over the OEM HU is definitely worth it! :)

next i plan to try and fix the dang bose player following the instructions (from the link posted on this thread)...
would you mind posting some photos please :adore:

I still in dilemma whether to change the whole head unit or jut change the single din player like gomez did (this way i can keep the multifuntion steering in duty).

But if really change the whole head unit will solve everything then i guess that is the way it should be. I planning to do this when i return home next week so I can later bang Hari Raya song LOUD OF LOUD!!:biggrin:

gomez

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
yes, one of the reason i maintain the bose HU is so i can use the steering controls. and yea using the existing monitor..and using reverse and front camera with the same monitor.. the workmanship of the shop is very good, u cant see a single wire anywhere

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
hey ppl, i dont know if you should know that you can swap out the bose headunit and still retain your steering switches.. go ebay and look for PAC SWI-JACK (Steering Wheel Interface - Jvc, Alpine, Clarion & Kenwood) hook it up the lines from the diagram, set in some codes according to the model of player youre using and youre done.. i did a complete swap for my bose headunit, although im using a slightly different car than you guys, im running a V35 but practically its the same.. im running a kenwood 2 din which has all the features i need, and the video is streamed to the stock motorised screen. therefore i can use my navigation on my lower screen, and video/rcam on my upperscreen. utilising the existing bose and and a secondary kicker amp + stealth woofer, everything just sounds sooo fine...

hope this helps

dericRX

Jul 9, 2008
Done my system few week ago in KF audio , most of the system i bought from other forumer and they provided me really good installation and take care my car at the all time , and mr Liew done the tuning very well and charged me a reasonable price .

i got no time yet to shoot a photo from my car but here is the photo shooting from installer mr Liew .

i changed to HU to sound monitor instead of double-din monitor cause most of the time i hear the music more than watch to the movie . i take out the existing sub and hide all the amp inside the sub area with an exhaust fan , exposed my sub with a sub-box at the back . 2 nos tweeter on pod and changed the mid speaker at the door side.

yewming

Known Member
Aug 24, 2008
hey ppl, i dont know if you should know that you can swap out the bose headunit and still retain your steering switches.. go ebay and look for PAC SWI-JACK (Steering Wheel Interface - Jvc, Alpine, Clarion & Kenwood) hook it up the lines from the diagram, set in some codes according to the model of player youre using and youre done.. i did a complete swap for my bose headunit, although im using a slightly different car than you guys, im running a V35 but practically its the same.. im running a kenwood 2 din which has all the features i need, and the video is streamed to the stock motorised screen. therefore i can use my navigation on my lower screen, and video/rcam on my upperscreen. utilising the existing bose and and a secondary kicker amp + stealth woofer, everything just sounds sooo fine...

hope this helps
:driver::driver: indeed, i did exactly that :)

yewming

Known Member
Aug 24, 2008
would you mind posting some photos please :adore:

I still in dilemma whether to change the whole head unit or jut change the single din player like gomez did (this way i can keep the multifuntion steering in duty).

But if really change the whole head unit will solve everything then i guess that is the way it should be. I planning to do this when i return home next week so I can later bang Hari Raya song LOUD OF LOUD!!:biggrin:
finally managed to upload the pics... alpine double din with steering control..

IMG_0625 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4121/4932042452_69b6e4c675_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@4932042452@@AMEPARAM@@69b6e4c675

IMG_0626 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4098/4932053920_a83eba3c27_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@4932053920@@AMEPARAM@@a83eba3c27

Last edited:

JMNC

Oct 29, 2005
Hi bros,

I am from Penang, need recommendation audio shops that got experience that knows to install 350z audio.

Thanks, JMNC

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi brother and sisters,

My car is so thristy, what should i do?

It only can run about 120km @ RM50 @ RM1.92 per litre @ all vacuum town drive. About 47cents per kilometer. :confused_smile:

It is a Mazda B8T minimum boosting at 0.9bar but really seldom boost. Running fuel pressure set to 35psi.

How much i take care of my right foot it will be like this.

What should i do? :X-: Please help dear sii fuus...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience