Aston Martin Rapide Caught Undisguised

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Ever since the Aston Martin Rapide Concept was shown back in 2006 at the Detroit Motor Show we have been pleading for the British manfacturer to build a production version and with these first spy shots of a near production ready model it appears we are going to get our wish.

Plans for the production version were originally shelved by previous owners Ford when they decided to sell their majority stake in Aston Martin, but when the consortium headed by David Richards took over, one of their first decisions was to confirm production for the Rapide.

The DB9 provides the platform for the new Rapide as well as its 450hp V12 engine, although this is expected to be tuned to pump out 480hp. From the prototype caught we can see the styling stays very similar to the concept, although there is a slightly modifed rear end.

The debut is likely to be sometime during 2009 and will be launched as a 2010 model when it do battle in a hugely competitive market against the likes of the Porsche Panamera, VW Passat CC, Audi A7 and Mercedes CLS.

Source: World Car Fans

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
Somehow the sideview for me a little bit like shorter and longer nose version of caldina :P

drMpower

May 1, 2006
i'm going to wet myself. this is just..astonishing..

but whats da point of longering that DB9 and rename it 'Rapide'? to accomocate twice as many passenger?

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Wow...nice. Aerodynamic and simple...

chuakz

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
it's a nice car but I was hoping aston would make it a bit different from the DB9 on the exterior? It seems like aston has been designing cars based on the DB9 lately which is not a bad thing just abit boring?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what is the best exhaust system to install for 4g15 engine? muffler, extractor, piping..etc? economical fuel consumption with good performance if possible..car is for daily use..pls help me as a newbie, sifu

:stupid:
:banghead:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience