anyone heard of surbo before?

samlee19860407

May 22, 2007
hi...would like to ask anyone here heard of SURBO (SUCTION TURBO) before?

1 of my club members do this, and claimed :

iMPROVE AS FOLLOWS :

1. After 3000 Rpm your speed will increase dramaticly.
2. 2nd gear can reach 100km/h if twin SURBO installed .
3. reduce 10%-20% petrol consumption.
4. Increase pick up (eventhough air cond is turn on, you won't feel the difference without air cond on).
5. Engine sounded like air flow rushing in.
6. Car will glide at free flow gear (save petrol consumption).
7. one way airflow. reduce sickness off low pick that our standard neo is suffering.

Try it yourself and youll feel the diff. but of course this is consider minor if to be compare with brothers upgrade (i meant TURBO CHARGE).

and one thing , this upgrade is cheap (RM 160 only for single SURBO).

so...any info that you guys have and mind to share? thanks :)

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
yeah, my friend picked up a surbo before.

'cept that it didn't stand for suction turbo.

his stood for : Stupid Useless Ridiculous Bullshit Organ. (S.U.R.B.O, not to be confused with it's other cousin, Tu-boh).

but I'm glad we're not talking about the same thing, cause the Surbo you mention sounds so cool.

why not go for Twin Surbo? can save 40% petrol!

Last edited:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
i read from some site stating dat in order to 'activate' the surbo effect then u'll have to release the throttle at certain rpm n press it again...something lidat...

if u do dis during drag racing...those precious seconds are wasted n the guy u're racing who has been flooring his accelerator pedal wud have pressed his pedal longer than u...

dat is all i noe...in my opinion...no..i dont trust this kinda thing because independent studies have shown that these similar gadgets only prove to be a restriction in the airway...unless there are dyno charts by reputable companies proving it...

dis is only my 2 sen opinion hehe

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
Surbo ar? hmmm diy la, i diy one b4, more restriction than air flow. Now trying mini turbo pula, feel like want money back la =p luckly got 7day 100% money back,worth trying no need susah susah diy! If surbo got something like 100% money back im sure its proven concept but it does not have it so i guess it only makes ur wallet lighter and throttle heavier.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
little gadgets like these serve one purpose.

a psychological one.

for budget modders, even something the price of surbo is $. so when people pay $, they expect performance.

when they expect performance, to a certain extent, their mentality, their brain will start "anticipating" performance.

so in a sense, they convince themselves that the mod actually makes the car faster.

to a certain extent, so long as it makes them happy, isn't it worth the RM160? cause like real mods, it makes people happy, even if it isn't true.

a rule of thumb when modding: if it sounds too good to be true, it usually isn't.

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Tried it before not very sure if actually works as in claims.. But i'm not exactly sure if it should work theoretically.. With a surbo in place you are forcing the fluid into a vortex which i'm not sure how it affects combustion and also u are actually creating a throat which i'm also not sure how the entire system will get affect.. btw i remove mine.. hahahaha anyone want to buy?

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
this product was started many years ago by a singaporean who registered it..
I still think it is a waste of time...
Never try before, up to you to decide..

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
for me surbo is kinda benda2 'syirik' or black vodoo magic which will harm your engine hehehehehe :P

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
wei 4 years ago a member installed 16 surbos to get 1.6 bar off the boost meter and running external wastegate. each surbo produces extra 10 horses so sendiri kira la..
10 X 16 + engine hp = Fu-Yoo!!!

now....where is the fella....

LOL...

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
huaaaahhh!! very good product, value for money and can produce hp easily.
better pickup,potong angin,minyak jimat and ada power lor.can naik genting with 3rd-4th gear easily ma.

LOL!

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
"it's a disgrace to the automotive industry"...

the surbo can only get the market among the newbies...
newbies think they can just spend a little, and get more.... :angel_smile:
it doesnt work that way..
dont dream it..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wei 4 years ago a member installed 16 surbos to get 1.6 bar off the boost meter and running external wastegate. each surbo produces extra 10 horses so sendiri kira la..
10 X 16 + engine hp = Fu-Yoo!!!

now....where is the fella....

LOL...
lolz... i thought u were the guy with 16 surbos??...smoking everyone, including ferraris and lambos... evo, kacang putih la.... hahahaha....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi fellow ZTHians,

I'm wondering if there is a way to customize / modify Alfa Romeo's tail lamp from normal bulb to LED. Anyone?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience