Altezza's Torsen LSD un-veiled

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
After all the questions and answers , I have decided to do some research... Hope this helps:

http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/toyota/Altezza/equipRS200.htm

Have a look on your chassis plate for the diff code:

A01A - 3.916 ratio Open Centre
A01B - 3.916 ratio Torsen LSD
A02A - 4.083 ratio Open Centre
A02B - 4.083 ratio Torsen LSD

('B' denotes LSD)

What should I use for lubrication?(from torsen website)
A GL-4 or GL-5 gear oil is required by Torsen Type 1 units. This oil provides high-pressure additives needed to prevent the oil from breaking down under the extreme conditions generated by the tooth mesh. A 75W-90 is recommended, but higher or lower viscosities can be used if they meet GL-4 or GL-5 specification. Either synthetic or conventional oils can be used as well.( Altezza's LSD is Torsen type 3 )

What happens when I have a wheel in the air? (torsen Site)
As mentioned above, the Torsen differential is a torque multiplier. The Torsen requires some type of resistance or friction in the system to function properly. A wheel in the air provides zero torque or friction on the system and as the Torsen multiplies the available torque, zero, by its TBR, the end result is still zero. In response to this, we developed the Torsen T-2R with pre-load to combat those wheel in the air situations.

What is TBR?
TBR or Torque Bias Ratio, represents the "locking effect" of the differential. Specifically, it indicates how much more torque is sent to the high traction wheel (or axle) than is sent to the wheel with less traction. For example, a differential with a TBR of 4:1 sends 4 times the available torque that the wheel can maintain. In the example below, 80% of the total available torque goes to the higher traction, slower spinning wheel.

Hope it helps

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
looking at the topic, i thought got some interesting pic or video to see..
theoretically, i am lost on the TBR..

off topic, on the link provided .."Radioless" option also need to pay JYP91000!!.. :rofl:

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
i will try to get some pictures and videos on it as well... all of a sudden i'm so much interested in how my rear axel works.. hahaha...and from the link i notice my tezza has most of the available options.... cooooll!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i am doin a bit of research on the 4G93t ECU... does anyone here have the blueprints for the ECU? btw from what i understand, the standard ECU kenot be reprogrammed rite?

Actually will this work on a 4G93t ECU?
I would like to know if the concept would work.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience