Airtrek wheels question

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

carnetics

Anyone know if a 18x8 +45 wheel will cause any problems with fitment? I'm running 17x8 now but don't know the offset. Should I run spacers? My concern is that the wheel might sit too far in and rub against something. Anyone know what the stock rims offset is?

Mine is 18X8 +41. Only 1 mm to my 4 pots caliper, so I added 4mm spacer so that I can clean the caliper with ease.

OK thanks guys will check the calculators. I'm using BC gold coilovers so the shock body shouldn't have a problem clearing the wheel. Maybe will run spacers if got any problems with clearance. 10mm spacers.

+45 offset may not clear BBK if you intend to have one in the future....+38 onwards will be nice

I was running 17x7 with +40 offset which should be fine, however, sometimes it is not the rim but the tyre. I was running 235/50 rubber (to give some sidewall flexing and improve ride) and they rubbed very slightly on front plastic liners. It is a simple calculation to compare how much closer to the centre of the car a particular rim/tyre combo is would be.
Assuming you go +45 then simplistically that is 5mm closer to centre of car than I was running so your tyres would need to be 10mm narrower (225). someone can please check my logic but if std offset is +46 then your issue is likely not the rim but the rubber...

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Actually, I forgot the rim width was 8" so your rim would be 17mm closer (not 5mm)

The bit about tyres still stands (i think)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom