ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
which one the best in terms of:

- Fuel consumption
Same same

- OEM parts availability
More Evo parts, most are interchangeable with Airtrek. Plus Airtrek was officially sold by USF back then so there's some parts and more of it on the road.

- After market/performance part
Relatively comparing, Mitsubishi got more.

- rareness
Relatively, Forester more rare.

- mechanic & workshop availability
Mechanics who can fix Evos would be familiar with Airtreks, last I looked more Evos/Airtreks on the road than Subaru Impreza/Forester.

- maintenance
same same.

Neither is unique.

- which most fierce looking
Depends what you consider fierce.

- easy to upgrade
The 4G63T lump of course...But this question is answered by the amount of $ in your pocket. If you have a lot of $ both is easy to upgrade. If you don't have a lot of $, 4G93T parts more common, more used stuff..

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
but yesterday when i saw one forester... walauwehh when i heard the bubble sound my heart stop pumping hehehe... btw its look forester lower than airtrek i mean the height...more stable...

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
another chicken n egg,which 1 1st....performance same,look airtrek better la.forester too square edi,interior sux abit.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Very simple questions but hard to get answer loo... If there were these babes; both are equally beautiful and horny as hell, as well as equally expensive/easy on maintenance, but you found a spark in one with whom you can emotionally and spiritually bond with. Go with your heart. That's how I got my ride and I never regret. But sadly I didn't follow this when I chose my spouse.

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
We have a Mitsubishi Airtrek Club within ZTH forum, in the Car Club section :)

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I'm an Airtrek onwer but I love Forester too. Both cars look great and mascularly macho. So like others said, it's comparing chicken and egg.

Forester, a blue one with gold rims melt my heart!

Airtrek looks superb too.

Haahaa.... best if I can have both in my garage. By the way, these SUV/ala wagon is very practical. Good for family balik kampungs and as well when you're alone, you can have some fun too.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I personally prefer Forester.. sits lower thanks to the boxer engine. the shape also look more boxy..but the right kind of boxy.. with a boxer.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
fc for airtrek 450km very light foot rpm below 3k.floor pedal frequent 300km wif full boosting 1.2bar.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
450km on highway is it? I don't think I can get 450km in city even if I am light footed. Best I can get is 350km. If I am on heat (hehehehe), it will be around 280km. Worst lately was 260km but that's because I did not wash my air filter for 14 months. Now it's back to normal.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
detune to ron95 mah.420km city driving.hway 500km.retard your timing abit.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I have remapped my car ... but too reluctant to run lower mapping for 95.. almost wanted to do it again until recently, dropped another 20 cents.. so I am staying with 97 for now. Hehee... ops sorry, hijacked the thread! Sorry!

PR1MO4130

Nov 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have remapped my car ... but too reluctant to run lower mapping for 95.. almost wanted to do it again until recently, dropped another 20 cents.. so I am staying with 97 for now. Hehee... ops sorry, hijacked the thread! Sorry!
hi dude...perhaps you can share the differences before and after re-mapping?

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

- Fuel consumption- Im getting 12.63 Litres / 100km (running on 95, 50% urban 50% highway)- OEM parts availability- Engine parts quite easy...but for bodyparts...if you are using the 2004/05 model....quite tough to source for it...
- After market/performance part- Easy...
- rareness- hard to comment...-
mechanic & workshop availability- contact Ah Wah from Balakang...he is the true "god" of airtrek.-
maintenance- normal servicing....oil,filter,plugs prepare RM400.-
unique- hard to comment...-
which most fierce looking- hard to comment-
easy to upgrade- using the same parts as evo except few minor items....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Ultra Racing Drift Challenge was recently held in the parking lot, in front of Batu Pahat Mall. Organised by Ultra Racing, the drift event has participants locally and from around Malaysia. The crowd turnout today was quite good. Today seems more like a practice round and the real challenge comes tommorow (Sunday, 8th of May, 2011).

I also get to meet Miss Leona Chin, spokesperson for Ultra...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience