Adjust Ignition timing

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
hI there,

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the ignition timing for my 1.6 satria.
I able to locate the distributor and unlock the two bolts.

How i know i set it correctly. not to advance.

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
Do yoyu REALLY want to set ignition timing ? do you have Timing Light/Gun ?
or just want to adjust for pick up/top speed ? turn it a bit towards radiator(is it ? forgot ler..heh) for pick up. try an error till you find a the best setting. Lets here from others.

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
yeah already try it.
if i adjust to advance, of coz more pickup but got those sound when you on the air con

jombiee said:
Do yoyu REALLY want to set ignition timing ? do you have Timing Light/Gun ?
or just want to adjust for pick up/top speed ? turn it a bit towards radiator(is it ? forgot ler..heh) for pick up. try an error till you find a the best setting. Lets here from others.

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
I think you adjust and move it to much bro, thats why I ask for timing light. but still can lah, adjust it little2 lah. all the best

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
set to 12 deg is good enough already .. dun too advance , can spoil ur engine :D

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
12deg, how you noe you has set it to 12deg?

boyzone said:
set to 12 deg is good enough already .. dun too advance , can spoil ur engine :D

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
There is many part to adjust.Got aircond,petrol and the distributor area.U can adjust by looking at ur rpm.Try to turn ur distributor until ur rpm 900.On ur air cond and adjust it to the same.About the petrol u need to have the device for it.

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
wow, got so many things can adjust one ya. I told can adjust the distributor only.
izzit you say adjust the distributor until rpm hit 900 (aircond off) then on the air cond and readjust the distributor again to make the rpm same as 900?

btw i think my air cond belt is to tight. everytime the air cond kick in sure got sound one. like suddenly got ppl kick the engine. can i readjust the air cond belt?

Freedom_Blue said:
There is many part to adjust.Got aircond,petrol and the distributor area.U can adjust by looking at ur rpm.Try to turn ur distributor until ur rpm 900.On ur air cond and adjust it to the same.About the petrol u need to have the device for it.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
turn advance ur idling will be more, turn retard your idling will be low, if u turn advance u can adjust back your idling screw so it will be at the idling that u want.

advance will lose on top speed and and retard against it. but trial and error if u dont have a laser gun, give it some rollings and then spot fer urself d difference.

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
About the belt normaly the thighter the better becoz it will lose the sound like kik.kik.kik.Maybe the belt needs to be change or might be some other foulty.Normaly is best to take to a mech that uses the tuning mechine.Take it to EON and explain what u want or facing.Normal charges are around RM25-RM28.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

No it’s not what you’re thinking, and no, it’s not even burning ricers at the stake, although a crime like ricing should be punishable by a similar from of torture. ‘Rice burning’ is the literal translation of the ‘Reisbrennen’ festival in Germany.

The festival is an annual affair for Japanese sports car fans in Germany and is the largest gathering of all kinds of Japanese sports cars from the country. Of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience