98 ISwara 1.3 litre engine freshing up

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
I have been driving this car since August, after i totaled the 96 Wira 1.8 SOHC.

The engine has covered approximately 373,643 kms, that's the reading on the odometer. I find the petrol comsumption is a little on the high side, full tank about RM60 will last me for about 430 city driving and about 455 highway drive.

I use Caltex Delo engine oil 10-40 and so far the engine is not consuming a drop of engine oil, yes, not even a drop which is a good sign to me for such a high mileage engine. I tried to trace the history of the car from my company clerk and so far, i can confirm the engine has not been taken apart at all.

Anyway, i thought of sending the car for some valve grinding to freshen it up.

Is it a good idea? or am i wasting my time?

Any comments welcomed.

dkoo

Known Member
Mar 22, 2004
if u want the engine to be wholely refresh.. jsut send for full overhauling.. aorun d 2 to 3k..
then ur engine will be jsut chun..

i saw 1 iswara 12year overhaul.. 3.3k ... but the engine.. like new only... almost change everything when i see his bill..

kokwai

Aug 24, 2004
Seri Kembangan
hie,

since ur engine is not consuming engine oil, need not go for a full overhaul. if u do go for overhaul, find the BEST mechanic, believe me, most crappy mech will make the engine WORST after overhaul, lots of small small problem.. more headache..

get ur carb clean, tune ur engine(go to those shop with the machine that detect the 02 level in ur exhaust)... and then see if the fuel consumption improve or not. ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...
i need a runner that got 'way' in dealing with PUSPAKOM and JPJ one...
prefer north malaysia la.. (penang, kedah, perlis)

anyone can introduce me to one plz??

really appreciate all the help i can get. :) thanks

pm me plz.. thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience