Iswara Carburetor 1.3 bolt on Turbo

Bee1234

Aug 15, 2006
To all the pros and everyone else,

Need advice on my car. I am currently driving Iswara A/B 1.3.

Mods make : -

-Air filter cone style.
-Extractor 4-2-1
-1.3 Cam to 1.5 Cam
-Sparkplugs cable changed to forgot the .mm size it should be either 7.5mm or 8.5mm can't remember sorry
-Sparkplugs using currently Platinium Spark Plugs
-Flywheel lighten

And i guess that is about it.
Speed wise pickup a bit better than an original 1.3 engine top speed Max 150Km can go higher but very very slow reaching to higher.

By the way i'm located in KK, Sabah.

I need advice on you guys as I am about to bolt on a Customize Turbo Kit for Carburetor. Have anyone does this before I've read a few people who had bolt on 1.3 but with fuel injections what about without?

please help me out guys!.

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Prepare "un-estimated" amount of money first. I dont know much about the process of bot to carburator engine, just a lot of ppl wouldn't recommend to do so. In fact, 1.3 car bot, how much power do you expect?

btw.. your car 4g13 can go for 150 kmh only? sure? My iswara can go for 160 at all time. I mod the exhaust only. And current mod is transplanting 4G61T. :D

Have fun, iswarian.

Bee1234

Aug 15, 2006
Yes, as you say it is quite true lots of people don't recommend and besides i can't afford an engine transplant due to the hassel going trough JPJ and stuff.

Cost for the bolt on Turbo is about RM1k - 1.2k that includes labour.

And yes my iswara goes top speed about 150KM as for my rims are JRD! :(

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
1.2k? Are you sure my friend?
Turbine = 300
Intercooler = 300
Manifold = 300
Extractor = 300
Bore engine = ???
Change higher performance part = ?????
Labour charge?

I don't think you can get that price. If you really can get that, I wonder how is the setup your machenic will do. Curiousity is high for me now...

In your case, I suggest you go for 1.5 engine. 4G15p. This engine is better than 4G13P at no doubt and able to push your car to higher limit. Somemore it is not costing. Engine itself may get around 1500. Engine kosong even more cheaper. Budget around 2k.

JPJ inspection is quite easy my friend. First thing, if you swap the same model engine from 1.3 to 1.5, proton made, no problem for puspakom inspection. Only RM 40 per inspection. After that, get your insurance agent to top up your insurance from 1.3 to 1.5 approximately around Rm2.80 (no liar) for 3Rd party coverage. Once inspection and top up done, direct go to JPJ and bring long all the document, they will on the spot settle all the document for you within one day. The whole process from conversion to jpj approval, should be taken 1 week. See, easy right? You may consider that.
haha, forget about JRD la. Sell it off, get a better after market rim la.

Bee1234

Aug 15, 2006
Wah... haha.. convert to 4G15p well it is what you say do this do that but just that i don't want the hassle to go through it.. i might as well get a better engine if i just want to change to 4G15p but i don't think i will go through all those but thanks for the comment besides....

Yes the price i'm getting it is about 1000 - 1200 , Turbo found a cheap and good stock have connections through connections and besides just for the manifold is just about 200 to 300 and well turbo i would say around 300 all adds up to 600 , intercooler found a cheap good stock about 250 - 300 and plus labour about 100 to 150 and total adds up about Rm1000 maybe give him about Rm1150 should do it. :) oo ya forgot to tell you none of the part are going to upgrade.

and boost only to 0.3 bar basically don't want my block to burst.

is this a good thing to do? has anyone else done this kind of modification? carburetor turbo?

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
i got this thinking just change 1.3 to 1.6 MIVEC(non turbo) on my LMST already enuf makan lo

cause Saga only leh.....too fast think also dangerous

btw is it VR4(4G63T) still legal to change for Saga?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
better transplant vr4 or 4g61t inside la... not worth it la BOT 4g13p carbie engine... u'll be running vr rich all the time... fc sure go high up..... performance gained wont be satisfactory....

Bee1234

Aug 15, 2006
Hmm.. i've read a lot of you guys comments through out the forums and i believe getting a transplant is more worth it but some people for example me : - don't have enough money to transplant engine and maintain transplant engine. Basically why i'm doing this is because i just would like to get the feel of a Turbo Boost in my own car especially when it is Carburetor style where seldom people use this kind of idea.

My friend had his kancil 660cc Original Engine upgraded turbo in his kancil and believe it or not no problem at all. Standard engine with turbo and has been using it for a year plus now and still in good condition.

Apparently it is a Carburetor Turbo.

Now i'm just curious if anyone of you guys have ever seen a Iswara Carburetor Turbo around 1.3 especially...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap.... no one is gonna stop u if u keen on trying out ur carburettor turbo project.... in fact, we hope to get realtime feedback from u if u did succeed....

jz telling u the pros and cons of it.... and other better alternatives if u might missed out...

Bee1234

Aug 15, 2006
Thanks SkYWAlKer,

well i'm only going to start the project end of this month but after reading on the advice most of you gave i think i'm going to post pone the project but if i am going to put it in i will for sure update you guys real time on the projects.

Besides how did Billy_T's project with the bolt on Turbo??

AE 75

Aug 18, 2006
sure or not 160Km only?.. my previous iswara sedan can reach 185km/h..1.3 carb sum more..(but goyang sikit la)..hmmm... dont waste $$ on bolt on lor
my advices on additional changes :
to change the block (do balance too), piston (big cc), air intake,ekzos straight paip..whatever inside there..alternator also change lah to 16v ..:)))
good luck bro.

AE 75

Aug 18, 2006
SkYwAlKeR said:
alternator can change to 16v??... whats the benefit??..
i tried this funny one.. sumbody said can burn out and provide mo power supply to the spark plug(if change to good one..).. haha..but not much different..

ps: can try out but result may vary.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Stan,

was surprise to see you that day at Taipan. Is that your regular hang out place?
hehehe.

anyway i have been using the Titan for almost 6 months and i must say that its still performing. I have a query on the settings.

how do i know what is the current settings and what are the range available for adjustment? Meaning how soft or hard can i go? is there a range say from 0 - soft to 9 hard?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience