8 year old car make over

SevenDust

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Hello everyone. It's been a while since i've posted anything,so here's one of my recent work: a daily-driven 8-year old Toyota Altis.

So here's how it looked like upon arrival. The paintwork was a little dull and had heavy oxidation all around the car.

The headlights really needed to be worked on.

There were stains and dirt all over. Much work needed to be done here...

The rear bumper was pretty bad too. You couldn't see any reflection at all as if it was a matte surface

a little closer..

The interior was just as bad with soiled seats and carpets

Onward to the cleaning process. I started out with a Osren Bubble and Wax shampoo with a little APC to loosen the dirt and grime.

Washed the car with the usual 2 bucket system and clayed the car after. Once that was done, i decided to work on the interior.
Here we have a nice clean bucket of water. But that's all about to change prettttyyy sooonn....

Cleaned the interior with a mixture of APC and Osren's leather cleaner.

in progress...

after:

So after cleaning the interior plastics alone, here's how much dirt i collected

Now here comes the carpets and the seats. There was a nasty stain on the floor carpet that needed my attention. Used APC for the job:

And of course the bucket-o-dirt photo :D

After finishing up on the interior, i worked on the headlamps.

The chrome trims were polished too. Here's a 50/50

The next morning, i worked on the exterior. Did some leveling work followed by compounding and lastly polished.
Doing a 50/50 on the hood

The before and after shots of the rear boot:

Remember the matte bumper? Here's a 50/50

After the paintwork correction, i moved on to the watermarks.
Here's how it used to look like:

50/50 on a test spot:

Now here is how it turned out after 2 really long days. Enjoy the afters!

From this:

To this:

Thanks for viewing!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
:adore::adore::adore::adore:
Bro... You will make people think that UMW still sell new units of this model! Those were amazing 50/50 shots! Keep the posting up man... I always love to see your works..

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
The legend has spoken!! What kind of sorcery is this bro, this is madness! well at least it put a wow in my face than "a damn those bastards keep on advertising" face hahahaha good job bro!

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
This definitely puts those so-called (some at least) car spa's to shame...a well deserved thumbs up bro...

Lean

UnderCoverProject Founder
Oct 30, 2006
KL
undercoverproject.blogspot.com
Speechless. The amount of effort you put into it makes the difference.

Both Thumbs up.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for sharing bro!!! Now it gives me hope that Matte Look surface on my car can now be saved. But bro, how did u bring back the shine on those matte surfaces? Seems to me is like the clear coat is hardly there anymore...

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
It's vy nice!

SevenDust

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Thanks everyone for the support and compliments! :wavey:

@Supra_Fanatics: Thanks for the compliments bro! Not all matte surfaces could be brought back to life i must say. In this case, the clearcoat was still there,just that it was really really oxidized and thus, could be polished to restore its gloss :) hope that helps!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys..my side window glass got few lines of scratches due to window bracket :(.. i've heard there's one chemical/solution/liquid tht can recover these scracth marks..anyone heard of it? where can i get those?
thanks a bunch!
cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience