Optimum Coating : 9 Years Old Volvo V50 Wagon Extreme Makeover

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Yes, a 9 year old Volvo is right in front of us today. The condition is as terrible as you may have guessed. Oxidation, Swirls, Scratches, Repainted panels, Paint shop bad finishing, you name it. Its a bundle of almost all the surface defects into 1 long Volvo Wagon.

Looks can be very deceiving as the owner explains how good is the condition of the car for a 9 year old. From a distance, of course it does look shiny and glossy. But why would we be here if he is satisfied with the condition??

Closer look and we spot obvious watermark issues, a faded windscreen nozzle, and some polishing residue stuck under the nozzle.

As we made our usual inspection around the car, we found more unknown spots/stains/glue residue.

Even the side mirror signal markers were oxidized.

We found more stains on the paint, this is a dried up polishing residue that the paint shop couldn't remove and just left it there. How irresponsible!

This is a pretty shot of watermark issues on the paint just like how we take photos of our water beading

The paint shop painted the side rubber trims with clear coat and it came our bad!

We found more polishing residue on the trims, door handles, etc.

After the longest residue compilation in our life, we move on to inspecting the paint condition. On LED/Camera Flash it doesn't look too bad.

With the help of the sun, it became worst. This is what we call a Hologram Nightmare. Holograms are polishing/buffing marks caused by uneven usage of the polishing pads and the painter just didn't finish the paint properly.

How can we forget our good old pal, Swirls.

The swirl damages coverage was a full body coverage, top to toe.

We first gave the car a good wash which took us about 3hours to complete.

Claying is an essential step in this type of correction. Here is the dirt collected from merely 1 panel.

After claying, we rinse the car down and prepare it for the correction procedures.

Notice the top section is still covered in hologram and the bottom is cleared of all damages.

A closer look on the paint under the sun.

Zoom in further!

a Before correction and..

After correction.

A Tri-Stage polishing, Before.

During.

After.

We put alot of Love into the wheel although they are just standard factory fitted wheels.

We didn't wash the wheel barrel as it was beyond recovery

Here is a before.

And After + Optimum Coating / Opti-Coat Pro

Check out the shine on the wheels!

After a gruesome 10hr detailing, we are proud to present to you, probably one of the glossiest and shinest 9 year old Volvo V50 Wagon ever! As usual we will not caption the results Gallery for your viewing pleasure.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I also take about 2 hours to wash and clay haha! Then rims is another session pula...

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Because I know bro. SF and I know he is not mah! and you are the pro pro....:rofl::rofl:
im just a normal detailer trying to make it real, not faking it

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you detailers are done comparing dick sizes, let me comment : Shuddup you all. You're all pros compared to SF and me.

:thefinger: