4G93T Or Mivec 1.8

yak_95

Apr 15, 2005
Allo sifus out there. Very informative discussions u guys are having in this forum. I'm kinda new in this conversion stuff. Would like to hear your good opinions about the topic.

Planning to plonk in 4G93T or Mivec. Was thinking more to 1.8 Mivec though very rare item nowdays. Already "raided" useful numbers of chop shops but to no avail.

What say u guys between those 2 aformentioned??? I definitely kick hell out this 1.6 Mivec since it cannot "eat" B16A, let alone B16B.

Currently owning Wira Sedan 1.5 GL 1997. Will i be encountering any probs if to convert from 1.5 to 1.8?? Aku tau aku X blh pgi 2.0 so aku terpakse scraped any ideas of 4G63T walaupun tu yg aku nak buat... isk isk isk.....

About costing, can somebody specify roughly how much do i have to fork out for 4G93T and 1.8 Mivec?? ( basic installation)

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
I havent heard of any factory-made 1.8 MIVECs... they usually hybrid them I think.

The 93T done up, nicely installed with proper wear and tear parts replaced along with matching suspension, brakes and etc should cost you about 7-9k. Getting a 1.6 MIVEC and then swapping the block and some internals with a 1.8 should cost you slightly less, a piggy back ecu should be good for tuning the fuel settings for the extra 250 or so cc...
All these calculations based on prices of halfcuts sometime ago, when I had the time to dream about doing these stuff. If inaccurate now dont tembak me. :D

1.5 shouldnt have problems going 1.8.

Im no sifu, just my 2 sen.

xerofighter

Not so senior member
Mar 2, 2004
Subang
go turbo. and 1.8 mivec need to be rojak using the mivec head and a 4g93 block. even though its 1.8 mivec, it will still have diificulty keeping up wit the b16a (eg not ef) i think the costs is about the same and there is no problem wit 1.5 > 1.8

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
hahaha... n/a is n/a lar... turbo is turbo loh... both different category so depeds on which category u wanna play loh...

gsr = slow compared to other turbos out there (don't count k-car laa)
mivec = fast compared to other N/As...

but no doubt, gsr is faster than mivecs.... so depends on which category u wanna play lar.

jinkl-

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2005
Klang
hehehhe y not
GSR 1800 Turbo , later go sum cash :P then mivec head in
1.8 Mivec Turbo , rare ?

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
jinkl- said:
hehehhe y not
1.8 Mivec Turbo , rare ?
dat sounds like a plan buddy.. :)

:D

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
jinkl- said:
hehehhe y not
1.8 Mivec Turbo , rare ?
This one is not 'sum cash' la brader... this one needs 'loads of cash'...!! =) hehehez... mivec turbos are one of the hardest to tune and one of the most unstable hybrid engine u can make!! You'll need to run on haltech to make everything work properly (else u'll have mivec engagement problems where sometimes mivec won't open)...

And even if u do run on haltech... doesn't mean ur problems are solved. One of my mech's customer, run mivec turbo on haltech boosting only 1 bar... blow head, blow bearing, blow head, blow bearing, blow head, blow bearing... sell car.

Hahaha... decision's yours to make anyway.

yak_95

Apr 15, 2005
Tq 4 the information..... I suppose no mod needed for the mounting, right? Aku memang minat dgn engine "kpishhhh" nie.. tapi tule, from frend's opinion, turbo susah nak jage.... what say u guys???? is it really pain in the "..." to take care of???? Nie nak tau.....maintenance wise macam mane....Ikutkan ati nak plonk in 4G63 evo tapi surely tak lepas jpj spec....nak masuk VR4 engine lame maaaa... takut banyak masalah.. so the solution is to get GSR turbo and install.
Satu lagi nak tanye.. boost controller "fish tank" tu ape die sebenarnye. slalu bace korang punye forum, ade articles regarding pasal fish tank.... x paham le..tlg explain.....TQ

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
i just put mivec 1.8 in my car. 1.6 mivec head with 1.8 block

the halfcut cost me 3250, install cost me about 3000. include all the timing belt, bearing
piston ring, piston bearing, installation, metal gasket, exhaust, big injector, port, lighten flywheel, new clutch set, and many more.

1 shot i done, now like new car coz have to run in!!
my car come out last week onli. the process take about 2 week,slowly do ma then good lo.

QuickShift

Known Member
Apr 16, 2005
Petaling Jaya
I'll go for the 4G93T to keep it simple and stock; unless you wanna do some severe 'Rojak' work which will still be down on horsepower compare to a stock GSR.

zero_kool

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
dude.....go for gsr ler......trust me...if u get mivec..u'll regret for life...

cheers

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
all are depand of u , if u want drive for fun , then go to mivec; if u are always think for "win and eat" people then just go to 4G93T .

u can go to book shop and find out how was the taiwanese upgrade them 93T race with EVO ....... :D
makesure u have enough bullet to prepare u monster car....

HyperRevved 6313

Known Member
Apr 19, 2005
Cheras
Visit site
zero_kool said:
dude.....go for gsr ler......trust me...if u get mivec..u'll regret for life...

cheers
Cannot say like that lar bro .... It depends on Yak whether he wants to play n/a or turbo category lor . If u say choose GSR which is under turbo category , do ur maximum modification u can't even beat an EVO engine that has done wit mod of high cam and cam pully. Maintanence for GSR turbo engine is defenatly higher den mivec engine . Mivec 1.8 wit oversize piston can even beat GSR with TD-04 TURBO !