4g91 carbie, any comments?

JLopez

Feb 15, 2006
Hello all,

Am looking to change my wira engine so am doing some research. I am curently driving a 1.5 wira with a carb not EFI, so was just wondering if anyone had any comments about the 4g91 carb engine. Are there many in the market?

My wira is a second car, so is meant for modding. Not to crazy bout turbo engines, prefer n.a.

Any comments guys?

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
bro, if ur not crazy about turbo then better take the 4g93 engine's (NA version of course) later got alot of alternative to mod. supercharge, turbocharge or either high compression (MIVEC-ed).

just my 2 cents.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeah... 4g15p to 4g93 possible... get sgti engine lo... not bad ma.... 4g93 dohc...
if u insist of 4g91, take the efi one... not to say carby no good la... but later if u interested in BOT, u dont need to do conversion to efi.... besides, efi has better fc and power than carbie....

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
btw, i got 1 4g93 engine for sale. u intrested then just pm me. ;)

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
it would be better for u if u consider getting a fuel injection version of the 4g91...its better as in wider options in tuning the car for performance(modding as u mentioned),better FUEL consumption(petrol prices these days are killing),and also u get a totally new kinda engine.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
since ur chasis is 1.5, u can plan for 1.8 mivec also; dun waste ur chasis utilization.

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
yo bro
better don get 4g91 carbie coz thinking of the fuel price always increasing
since your car is 1.5cc so u can increase ur car cc til 1.8cc
if u really wan 4g91 then better go get a 4g91 injection 1
u juz need to buy a fuel tank for ur car because ur car is a carbie engine
however these are depends on ur budget la
but to me i wil go 4 4g93p as many sifus here mention
coz both engine price is almost the same RM3000++

JLopez

Feb 15, 2006
Thanks to everyone for the very usefull advice. After carefull consideration, I think I will go with the 4g93p. Thanks again.

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Ahem...sorry JLopez for borrowing your thread but I need some advise from the sifu's here too :p

I'm also currently powered by a 4G15p (carb) and I was planning to do a transplant. If I'm opting to maintain my current cc would the 4G91 (EFI) be a good choice? It's a DOHC - 16valve right? What's the current market value for that engine?

And say I'm intrested to go 1.8 (NA)...Would the 4G93 be advisable? It is also a DOHC - 16v right? Price?

Hrmm...sorry if the questions seem very n00bish but I am one...
Thanks!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
peachmonkey said:
Ahem...sorry JLopez for borrowing your thread but I need some advise from the sifu's here too :p

I'm also currently powered by a 4G15p (carb) and I was planning to do a transplant. If I'm opting to maintain my current cc would the 4G91 (EFI) be a good choice? It's a DOHC - 16valve right? What's the current market value for that engine?

And say I'm intrested to go 1.8 (NA)...Would the 4G93 be advisable? It is also a DOHC - 16v right? Price?

Hrmm...sorry if the questions seem very n00bish but I am one...
Thanks!
if u wanna maintain same cc, best is 4g91 twincam lor... yeap, take the efi one... carbie, not to say no good la but efi has more potential.... yeap yeap, 4g91 is twincam (DOHC) 16valve....

yeap yeap... 4g93 twincam is adviseable... but then, there is SOHC and DOHC version for 4g93... of coz SOHC produces lower bhp compare to the DOHC version... but some claim that SOHC version has better torque compare to DOHC...
as for the price, of coz SOHC is cheaper compare to DOHC...
if u want 1.8L turbo engine, get GSR (4g93t)....

market value for halfcuts, not sure ler bro... didnt go survey around...

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Hrmm...how can I tell the difference between the SOHC and DOHC for the 4G93 engine? Do both of them come in manual transmission?
I would have thought that the DOHC would supply better torque than the SOHC...Guess I was wrong eh? :p

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
can see from the engine head cover... SOHC is smaller compare to DOHC...
yeap, both comes with manual or auto tranny...

about which one with better torque, i also not vr sure ler... jz heard some comments from some user....

adyzul

1,000 RPM
Oct 6, 2005
My friend is using 4G93p on Webber carbs. Anybody want to comment?

Just some info.....

SOHC gives better torque in low to half rev
DOHC gives better torque and hp in half to high rev
for the same displacement, say 1.6cc, it wont have must different.
at low speed and low rev - SOHC better
DOHC is better at top speed- where usually engine in high rev- 5-7k rpm
see VTEC, normal version 1 is always SOHC, DOHC only in type-R where the drive seldom use low rev, most of the time also high rev coz they need power, so DOHC 2 satisfy them..........
see mercedes, almost all also 3 valve SOHC which deliver great torque in low rev.............

Last edited:

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Hrmm...thanks for the info adyzul.
Learnt sumthing new today about SOHC and DOHC.

So if I wanted to get better acceleration in low revs (below 4k rpm) I shouldn't go for the 4G91 engine should I? I should go for the 4G93 SOHC right?

Hrmm...hav to worry about re-registering my engine if I go 1.8 again...
Hahah!

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
u can stil go with the DOHC.u can try boring ur cyl wall bigger.gives u more torque.coz it will raise ur cc a lil.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, need some advice...

i send my car for a spray on the spoiler...and i think the guy didnt cover the car body adequately with newspaper...

now im feeling some coarse surfaces on my bumper....i ask the guy, he say it will come out after some polishing...

is it true?? and does it need quick rectification ( to polish now) or to wait 2 more days ( coz im gonna be quite occupied for 2 days)

any experienced members experienced this b4?? TQ
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience