4A Parts Sharing!!!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
People... I am considering to convert to blacktop. Currently using 4AFE.

But I am concerned about the availability and cost of the parts afterwards... I would like to know how many parts can the blacktop/silvertop share with 4AFE? A lot I guess? Since they are derived form the same block. But I need some confirmation here...

And, when the "best, cleanest, most dedicated, people first" government of ours implement the law of no more imports of 2nd hand parts, those using these engines might have trouble. So I just want to ask how much parts can be shared? Stuff like aircon compressor, distributor, injectors, even sensors...

If they can share a lot of parts, we should have no problem since we have UMW around ^^

LevinTE27

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
i dont think anything u could share from 4afe with a blacktop beside the map sensor only.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

why u worry ? umw have blacktop 20v spare as well.. just name what u want , they can order for u.

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
hehehe...UMW can import alot of parts...there are lots of toyota parts stil available..the only drawback is whether you got the cash to buy it...hehehehehe....

LevinTE27

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
Very true... It just matter of u got the cash to go UMW or not , dont forgot it apply to any other spare part shop... NO MONEY can buy spare mehh ? :D :D :D ...

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
4AFE and 4AGE using different part la bro...
and u no need worry about parts...
don think about gov site 1st, the market for the remaining parts are enough for u for spare or change it...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Sorry I do not know much. But Parts like distributor, aircon and various pumps... Even though different, must they use back the same ones as the originals? What is the problem of using a different one actually? The screws and fittings?

LevinTE27

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
bro, from your question.. i asume u r unable to do it yourself, those are totally NON interchange able.. its not like guy can put on gal's T-back with both balls hanging both side.
mechanical parts is not fexible.. :) cheers.. i believe u got all ur answer .. 4af and 4ag black top are totally different parts ... oh ya.. maybe u can use back the V-belt cos they are stretchable

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
bro veloc, since u worrying about those parts, there's no way to have fun for it...
blacktop running minimum problem on its engine parts, and if u still worry about it..many runner here can help u
but if u still cant stop worrying, better remain ur current engine...

nnik

3,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Lembah Klang
Bro...dont worry
just plunk it ur car wif Btop/svt engine...
many people using it here and no major problem i've heard about this engine..plus the spare part oso consider cheap and easy to find rather than other model..
heheh welcome to the whacky2 engine....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys..recently i converted my auto waja to manual..but still using the auto ecu..i still have the manual ecu.questions :

1) is it ok for me to use auto ecu on my current manual waja?
2) is there any decrease of performance or side effect if using auto ecu?
3) will there be any problem if using auto ecu on manual car?
4) if i want to change to manual ecu, do i have to do wiring/harness all?
5) if i want to install e-manage blue,will the ecu gives any difference if using auto ecu or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience