4-2-1 Extractor for pickup or top speed?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
what is this engine compressor thing ar? care to explain more..?

and what is zenden extractor made of ? cast iron? stainless steel..? :hmmmm:

zenden is made of mild steel....

erm...actually the hot temp coz by the xtrator is onli get sucked in by the air filter into our engine...cooler air makes denser air fuel mixture...so more power...
if hot then sure a bit of power lost...

its not about compresion...(compressor)...engine compression is fixed...
onli normal wear n tear in the combustion chamber tat will make compression drop

MrKoo said:
what is this engine compressor thing ar? care to explain more..?

and what is zenden extractor made of ? cast iron? stainless steel..? :hmmmm:

now i kena engine compressor lost
i also dont knoe how to explain lar
dont so trust me...
my engine compressor lost cause of my piston ring or valve seal worn
when engine compressor lost...no matter what you modified also wont get the result
just like your body absortion not workin well
no matter how much supplement you eat also it cant absorb
the extractor cause engine compressor lost i still not very understand
but got feel that lar...before i change extractor
no matter how i rev and drive for a distance also no problem
now if keep high rev and the temp is up, my car loss many power
for this extractor cause engine compressor lost i ask 2 of my mechanic and my frens, their answer is 'yes, will cause compressor drop when heat'
so just believe them lor...cause i experienced dee

erm..its call compression...its due to ur worn piston rings...
normal for a worn piston ring engine to feel underpower coz the engine oil is also burn together wit the air fuel mixture...sumore will easily clogged up ur spark plugs...get em clean every week or if not once every 2 week...

Yong_5290 said:
zenden is made of mild steel....

erm...actually the hot temp coz by the xtrator is onli get sucked in by the air filter into our engine...cooler air makes denser air fuel mixture...so more power...
if hot then sure a bit of power lost...

its not about compresion...(compressor)...engine compression is fixed...
onli normal wear n tear in the combustion chamber tat will make compression drop

hmm...
but i really get the different wor
before and after i pasang the extractor
now i goin to change back original cast iron 1
try and see again
i think extractor's heat straight go in engine and cause the compression drop
is it truth ar sifu yong ???

What Yong was saying is that if heat from your extractor is release into the engine bay, and the air going into your intake system is being heated up as a result. The higher the air temperature the lower the density of the air therefore the will be less air going into the engine, hence this will effect your power..

Dino@Casper said:
What Yong was saying is that if heat from your extractor is release into the engine bay, and the air going into your intake system is being heated up as a result. The higher the air temperature the lower the density of the air therefore the will be less air going into the engine, hence this will effect your power..

ahmm....i think so
damn confusin
hehe
btw thx alot =)

I did a dyno after installing Powerzone extractor a long time ago (everything else including exhaust is stock), I got : Max power = 54.3hp/5560RPM Max torque = 82.4Nm/4250RPM. This figure is on-wheel. Notice that at 5560RPM, the engine has 84% of max torque. So u can guess that with the extractor, the engine is strong within roughly 3600RPM-5200RPM range. I lost the original chart so cannot say this is 100% true, but that's my 0.2cent conclusion on Powerzone extractor.

interesting....

so taqu, wat u're trying to say bout powerzone extractor is that it's good? sorry i dun reli understand bout wat u saying there... newbie la... :turtle:

what is powerzone extractor make of? mild steel also..? stainless steel?

MrKoo said:
interesting....

so taqu, wat u're trying to say bout powerzone extractor is that it's good? sorry i dun reli understand bout wat u saying there... newbie la... :turtle:

what is powerzone extractor make of? mild steel also..? stainless steel?

white pipe mild steel

Why don't you guys just use thermo wraps for the extractors? it really reduces the heat, cheaper alternative for powder coating.

taqu said:
I did a dyno after installing Powerzone extractor a long time ago (everything else including exhaust is stock), I got : Max power = 54.3hp/5560RPM Max torque = 82.4Nm/4250RPM. This figure is on-wheel. Notice that at 5560RPM, the engine has 84% of max torque. So u can guess that with the extractor, the engine is strong within roughly 3600RPM-5200RPM range. I lost the original chart so cannot say this is 100% true, but that's my 0.2cent conclusion on Powerzone extractor.

ic.....so...where u do your dyno? your engine is 1.3?? or 1.0??....y hust 54.3hp??? ohkay....where u fix the powerzone???

ic.....so...where u do your dyno? your engine is 1.3?? or 1.0??....y hust 54.3hp??? ohkay....where u fix the powerzone???

1. Dyno done in N1
2. It's 1.3 Proton engine
3. 54.3hp is on-wheel, not on-engine, if u wanna rough figure on-engine, it's about 71.4hp. And the engine is not new, it's already 140,000km when I installed the extractor.
4. I bought the extractor from Powerzone themselves and got it installed in an exhaust shop nearby.

hai guy's maybe im new here but what im try to said about the extractor anyway cap ayam or what ever we really need a right caculation for the extractor.
anyway im using proton wira 1.5 but the performent really good. saya amat berpuasa hati ngan my performents
so apa2 extractor u must have a right tabung tengah, im using cap ayam but custom make for wira 1.5 and tabung tengah from hot bit's (original made in australia) and last sekali saya pakai muffler 5 zinger...
anyway my car untuk mencecah 180km sangat mudah...
cause how i running the pipe.... if u all pipih pickup of cause the top kurang n kalau pilih top n the pickup kurang sikit.
anyway i really want to know about 4x1 extractor.....
so guy's plz let me know okay....
anyway i really enjoy to know u all

~~~ ADY ~~~

4-2-1 will be mostly most suitable for street use...no matter manual or auto...
mostly onli vtec/mivec/20v use 4-1 coz of their engine high rev...4-1 is for high rev...

not any xtractor can be thermo wrap....those wit very thin piping like powerzones' and hot bits...the heat trap inside due to the thermo wrap will cause the piping to crack...
or sumtimes at the welding part

Yong_5290,

so based on your comments above, you do not recommend thermo wrapping if someone buys either a powerzone or hotbits extractor..rite?

why thermo wrap?
what does the wrap do?

thermo wrap is like sumkind of cloth wrap round the xtrator to keep the enigne bay cool...coz the xtractor is very hot...so means ur enigne bay will also be hot...
will will decrease the engine efficiency coz the cooler air is much denser...
tats is y at nite after u start u car n move u will feel the car feels kind of light n powerful...but after a while when the engine heats up then back to normal edi...

so if i buy a powerzone / hot bits extractor....i should not thermal wrap it..rite?

Top Bottom