4-2-1 Extractor for pickup or top speed?

Judas

Nov 16, 2005
Hello guys,

planning to install 421extractor and bullet this weekend,
so, what best piping size for 1.3 saga lmst?
i plan to use original muffler. thx. :smile:

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Judas said:
Hello guys,

planning to install 421extractor and bullet this weekend,
so, what best piping size for 1.3 saga lmst?
i plan to use original muffler. thx. :smile:
u just changing extractor and bullet only right?

1.75" piping is recommended...

where u planning to install ur 421extractor n bullet this weekend..? :biggrin:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap... 1.75" piping good enough lo... original muffler??.. the bassy one arr??...
what extractor (brand) u installing??... how much??...

Judas

Nov 16, 2005
nitrus said:
u just changing extractor and bullet only right?

1.75" piping is recommended...

where u planning to install ur 421extractor n bullet this weekend..? :biggrin:

1.75 is ori piping size?

i install at jalan kuching this saturday. :smile:

Judas

Nov 16, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
yeap... 1.75" piping good enough lo... original muffler??.. the bassy one arr??...

yup, i using ori lmst bassy muffler, i very curious
wat performance i can get after installing those stuffs with
ori lmst muffler. :rolleyes:

actually the 421 and bullet buy from zth member Kent20
, Zenden brand, initially i suppose to install on yesterday with
him, but he told me no more 421 stock, then i have to wait for next saturday. :smile:

Carrera

Known Member
Mar 27, 2004
SP/BM/PG/BW
Visit site
What is iswara a/b original piping size? Confirm 1.75" piping is good? Maybe i need to change. Is it from extractor using 1.75" piping till the muffler? or after the CAT using 1.75" piping? Anyways, mine is 4-1 Extractor.

SkYwAlKeR said:

joe_mivec

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
PENANG
what is the best configuration for 4g91 engine, 4-2-1/4-1 extractor + ? piping diameter. looking for litle bit in pick up and more in top speed configuration. Hope all sifus there can help me.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
well... i'm not sure about LMST piping size la.. but original iswara piping surely smaller than 1.75"... small pipe usually for fuel economy coz more restriction mah...
bigger piping help the hot gas to flow out faster... but beware that ur piping not too big coz oversize piping will cause exhaust gas to cool down... cold air is denser than hot air... thats why harder to push out... u can read more about exhaust and its setup in latest edition of hypertune...

evo_mbf

Known Member
Jan 11, 2006
oh...icic...so bro SkYwAlKeR ,so we can pasang a dyno i our car to check our car horsepower???

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
okie dudes, lets clarify something here, have been reading your previous post and all and i noticed some are still blur wether wanna use 4-1 or 4-2-1....

btw, first i wanna say, the hotbits for the gen2 looks darn funny man, but if it gives you a nice boxer engine sound, i dun mind installing it too.... :D

kie, back to topic, 4-1 are normally installed on mivecs and vtecs cause they have the top end/high rev power....so the 4-1 is to improve their pickup and yet when during high revving action, they still got power to push the engine further because of the vtec of mivec. so if we would to to install a 4-1 into a normal engine, the car would have good pick up just like those vtecs and mivecs without their valve thing working yet but when reached the high RPM area, the engine doesnt wanna push anymore due to the standard cams we are running on, so we feel the power is lost during high revving.

where else 4-2-1 is more focused on higher end RPM revving for normal engines where we do not have any help from the valve controling thing thus it doesnt give us much increase in performance at the lower end of the RPM but better mid and high end response. the lower end would feel just like the stock extrators/manifolds but the mid and top is definately much better, so if your main point and target is to get maximum pick-up, then by all means install a 4-1 extractor into your engine but be prepared to lose top end and vise versa :D

btw, 4-2-1 extractors are just the same as our normal manifold and that is one reason why they said 4-2-1 is better for city driving :D

well, this is what i have gathered lar, ive yet to try out 4-1 extractors yet and now leanring that the hotbits design where the pipes are conneted as 1-3 and 2-4 and it produces a boxer engine sound, suddenly im interested :P ahhahhaha

deenweirdoz

Oct 18, 2008
does anybody know which is the the perfect extractor i.e, 4-2-1 or 4-1 for Campro IAFM, auto?

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
just sharing this is torque graph(not hp)

RED is for 4-2-1 and
BLACK is for 4 -1

4-2-1 will have peak torque at around 5k range while 4-1 will have at higher rpm 6k range

p/s:moderator if you find posting other website links is wrong,please feel free to removed it:itsme: (source from integra.net)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.. Gong Xi Fa Chai & happy holidays to all..

I really need a favor.. Would be glad if anyone can help me out here.. A real pening kepala case. I have a perdana sei which was converted to Mit. eterna v6 n/a.

The engine kaput already so last week i sent for another change of engine. This time i bought original perdana v6 (brand new) engine. The foreman did all that was necessary and pasang semula evrtg.

The problem now is we cant seem to start the engine. Since the engine is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience