2008 Toyota New AE86

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor

The rumors were right, Toyota has resurrected the iconic AE86 from<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b> the 80s, the new drift legend vehicle will be out by winter 2008.

Here are the vital statistics, body length of 3950 mm, width of 1650 mm and height of 1350 mm. the "AE08"? features a 1.5L 2NZ-FE engine with 120PS/6500 rpm and torque of 14.8Kgm/3800 rpm in a body that weighs in at 1000kg.

It will be powering through a 5 speed transmission. And the best part is, the car will cost under 1.5 million Yen. Isn't that great?

Relevant Articles:
-http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/148473-a-return-of-hachi-roku.html
-Winding Road » Archive » Japan Report: No Quelling Toyota AE86 Revival Rumors
-Toyota considering return of rear-wheel drive AE86? - Autoblog
-Toyota considering return of rear-wheel drive AE86? | eMagi - Fighting the evil of boredom

Source: Autoblog, Best Car

Article: davidv00

Last edited by a moderator:

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
thumbs up for this new look!....looking forward for this..hehehe....TOYOTA rulez

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
The shape is still there. Just that the surface is smoother..Less drag?...
Thumbs Up! Let's wait winter 08'. Toyota RoX

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007
:adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:
Now I know what I wanna buy for myself in 2008 or early 2009... Roughly RM50K (based on the conversion rate of 30:1 from 1.5M JPY)...guess our "custom-thing" won't tax so much for 1.5-liter lar hoh? :)

parawisata79

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
Legend continuously born..
1.5 ltr but still can drift..
driftmaniac!!!

andrew ewe

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
OK.. The first impression I got was "How come so familiar wan?"

Hate to be a party pooper but all the pix above are photoshopped. lookin properly and the pix arent even photoshopped properly. can see that the person who posted the pix used the smudge tool and it's messy.

pic 1. is alot like a 350z body.. look at how the bonnet shapes and the lights i reckon are probably from an rx8

pic 2 and 3. to me the sides are stolen from a celica and it shows right up til the rear where the taillights are a deadgiveaway! celica's taillamps. and the body and front headlamps suggest a scion.

pic 4. i guess a scion and celica too.

don't get ur hopes up too high la.. this one not real for sure wan. look properly =) compare pix to the cars i just mentioned n u will see the similarities :burnout:

andrew ewe

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
yea initially i too was excited.. i was like wah! so nice body n all... then look properly.. EH? how come so fake wan..

to add further la.. the front bumper from the first pic u go look at the nismo 350z... same wan. just tht added tht funny shark like thingy at the bottom.

and the 2nd n 3rd pix... u look at the fender arches can see tht they are not proportionate.

and the fourth pic i just looked at it.. could be COULD be lah lol a skyline body with cut n paste job here n there

no offence to anyone and i earlier wen i said 'the guy who posted i dont mean this guy here in zth.com who posted ie davidoo' i mean whoever who started circulating these images. i wish it was true oso lorh! haihs. cheerios!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
is this for real?? or just rumors.....

Anyway, the car looks pretty good.....

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
aiyak, but then... the pictures look like they've been taken from a magazine... but if real, then cun la...

ephique74

Known Member
May 20, 2007
d car qud be restyled again n again b4 it comes out, then it wont look like d pics. at least they planned to revive d legend. besides, d copy of shapes from subsidiary company of theirs is a common thing in car designing world. winter 2007 havnt yet begun n we oledi say 2 much. at least they planned to revive d legendary car.

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
looks damn cun...but sayang they only using 1.5 liter engine....should put in a 1.6 engine with at least 140-160bhp...tat will be nice.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifu2 n frens,

Im driving 2010 Vios E spec and my problem is bout some knocking sound :confused: .Sometimes when im moving my gear from D@N to R position and when the gear is lock there will be 1 'knock' sound from front of the car :mad: . I try to search for it and i think it is from front driver side brake area :hmmmm: I did try to press hard the brake cause i thought the sound might be sound from the slip pad with the disk but it still happen. Can someone please let me know what it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience