2007 Malaysian GP, Sepang

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Ferrari has only Massa to blame for their low points count in the Constructors. Poor performance lost him 2 position at the start. trip across grass lost him another 2.

While Lewis DA MAN Hamilton backs Alonso fiercely, Massa fiercely trys to out do himself while holding up Kimi. I recall when Massa had his first off at Turn 4 Kimi got alongside and tried to pass into T5/6. Massa defended and held Kimi back.

Lewis finished behind Fernando everytime, while Massa is a couple of places from Kimi.

Lewis has finished 3rd in his first race. 2nd in his 2nd race. 1st in his 3rd race perhaps??
My tots the same. Start of the race at turn 1 he oredi given 2 places to mclaren, while holding off his own ferrari teammate. As if that's not enuff, lewis hamilton did mention during the post race interview that he "tricked" massa. Summore massa held kimi at turns 4/5/6. Had he let kimi past him... hmmm :tongwink:
Everybody in mclaren should thank felipe massa for their 1-2 yesterday. I'm sure kimi has his own thoughts about massa, but then again, massa is his teammate :mouth_closed: so... tough!

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Did you guys heard Lewis spoke to his crew member through the radio that he wanted to win rather than getting second on the slow lap after the chequered flag?
That was truly ambitious!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
No, he said he wants a win sometime this season, something like that. Still pretty ambitious mind you. The kid's got the talent that's for sure.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Most Greats win within a year of their debut. Senna, Schumacher won within 12-14 races since their debut.

If LW does it anytime this year (with 15 races to go and seeing how this year's MP4-22 is competitive it is a possibility) that'll make him the Real Deal.

Any real racer wants to win... being ambitious and hungry for success show true racer character.

And Ron Dennis has always allowed his drivers to race (Lauda-Prost, Senna Prost, Hakkinen-Coulthard, Raikkonen-Montoya). not do a "team orders" like some others.

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
Traffic : Going to such a big event expecting no jams is unrealistic. Come on ler... your think you're the only one going to watch the race?!
hey,
i didnt say that there shud be no jam,
but not tat serious it shud be..

SIC General Manager Datuk Azmi Murad :

“While we agree that the traffic management could be further improved for the Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix, I must stressed that Malaysia had managed one of the best systems with the after-race traffic cleared in less than an hour.

“This year, we aimed to cut the period even further. But, to do that, we desperately need the help of all the spectators coming for the race,” he said, adding that to do that SIC would need full cooperation from members of the public.
i've be in the traffic after-race, definitely it is not less than an hour.
but i understand tat it must be improved by cooperation of public wif traffic police and organiser at the same time.
however, if u can see, wat actually are those wearing white shirt police wif big and small motor doing during the race days.
yes, there are lots of them on duty.
but how much of them actually doing "effective work"?

hope next year will be a better event
i'll visit Sepang F1 again which reach KLIA tol by 3 hours before the race starts
hope it is really good enough this time...:_:

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
Lewis did tricked Massa...LEwis brake very late into the corner...then MAssa even late...look like he mess up with his car brake balance...coz his car like over steer when entering the corner..after his correction d car went wide d...
Massa was like trying to proof something yesterday...proof that he is better..than?he didnt let Kimi to past him...he seems like not feeling good in the car yesterday..keep adjusting the brake balance...keep tightening the safety belt...
Lewis done great when driving defensive...keep his line perfectly...still manage to drive well eventhough he keep his head almost full time on the rearview mirror when Massa is at his back...
btw
No rain at Sepang really no fun...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Massa showed his naivety when it comes to racing. He had the inside line, it didn't matter how late Hamilton braked, all Massa had to do was hold his line and force Hamilton wide, in Brundle's words "hang him out to dry". In that instance, Kimi could have profited and followed Massa through as well.

And it is all good raving about Hamilton (I think the kid's great too and I'm rooting for him at McLaren instead of Alonso) but let's not forget it was his mistakes that opened up the opportunity for Massa to have a go. So he was definitely glossing over some points to make it look better for him.

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
MAssa went inside before Hamilton brake?i thought he didnt cover good enough to block Hamilton's line when corner entry thats Y MAssa brakes late n it all went wrong after that....
Hamilton brakes late...then Massa try to cover his line brake later...thats wat i thought it is when i watching...happen reli quick

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
LW left a door open and braked at the corrrect braking points. No mistakes. Turn 4 is tighter than 90" so it's best to take the widest entry point.

Massa may have had the inside line on Entry, but as any track/race driver knows you also need to slow down enough to make the inside, all though the Turn. Massa failed to do so, hence his running wide.

In some cases the one diving on the inside (on Entry) will brake/slow down too much resulting in his exit speed being slower than the driver with the normal line.

Wateva, Bahrain is in 5 days time....

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I'm a bench racer, so I'm going by Brundle's opinion. That turn was the correct place for Massa to have a go. Hamilton opened the door for Massa to have a go but Massa screwed up.

Anyway, you don't take the racing line when defending against someone poking your backside. The fact was Hamilton made a mistake earlier that lead to Massa sticking his car right next beside him. If Massa did the correct thing, braked properly and pushed Hamilton wide, Mr. Rookie of the Year couldn't have done anything about it.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Massa become inpatient, that's why his car end up eating grass...i was watching from grandstand F..not much action though..almost no overtaking at all except for those overlapping =.=
only one case where kubica spun at the turn to the sand which attracted me...other than that,i was almost fell asleep...sigh....what a boring,hot and tired afternoon

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
I'm a bench racer, so I'm going by Brundle's opinion. That turn was the correct place for Massa to have a go. Hamilton opened the door for Massa to have a go but Massa screwed up.

Anyway, you don't take the racing line when defending against someone poking your backside. The fact was Hamilton made a mistake earlier that lead to Massa sticking his car right next beside him. If Massa did the correct thing, braked properly and pushed Hamilton wide, Mr. Rookie of the Year couldn't have done anything about it.
Ok la bro, my experience is limited to racing saloon and driving sportscars on SIC, and letting the attacker go to the wrong place and staying on my intended racing line, exiting cleanly and quickly, like what Hamilton did is something I've done before and it worked for me. many times.

I never said Turn 4 is the wrong place to "go for it", in fact Turn 4 is the correct place but Massa didn't slow enough to make the turn. No need to push wide, but to stay tidy is what a better driver would do.

I never drove a downforce generating single seater so maybe you're better off listening to Brundles opinion.

cheers

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I never said Turn 4 is the wrong place to "go for it", in fact Turn 4 is the correct place but Massa didn't slow enough to make the turn. No need to push wide, but to stay tidy is what a better driver would do.

I never drove a downforce generating single seater so maybe you're better off listening to Brundles opinion.

cheers
Actually we have an understanding, sort off. What Brundle was trying to say (and I tried to convey) is what you are saying. Massa got reckless and messed it up. If he kept his head and braked properly and kept it tidy, he would have got the upperhand (he would be in front) and Hamilton would have no where to go (blocked off), Brundle's exact words were to "hang him out to dry".

Like I said, I'm only a bench racer. I'm only trying to explain what I understood from the supposed expert. I'd very much appreciate if you have a better explanation for it.

Cheers.

Last edited:

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
babes time.

source: f1-live.com

SIC, come on, dun tell me that we can't do better for our pit babe.
Check our hypertune mag model.

F1 is an international event, i think they did a decent job of incorporating elements of our culture and keeping it looking modern and decent as well. Thats the image that our country wants to project to foreigners.

does hypertune models show any part of our culture at all?

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
er yeah, Gary's right. At least our GP Grid gals show our Malaysian look.

hypertune models a bit "racy". Not that we all red blooded males don't enjoy loooking at them of course. haha

silverfish,
things like these are best explained in practical, meaning on the circuit. If you do find the time do come to a HPC Track day(coming up this 22nd) , would gladly show you around, though in a saloon car. haha

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Let's hope all Datuks-Datuks & Datins-Datins will give massa a proper post-race shakedown these few days so that history will not repeat itself again this weekend. I wanna watch some real battle! :_:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Just in case you guys are wondering how does Rafaela Bassi looks like without glasses, this is it. Personally, i thought she looks hot with glasses, minus the glasses, ok only la.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
With regards to the traffic, i went there like 3 hours early just to beat the jam and even that i was stucked for about 1 hour in total. Please don't blame the traffic police, they did all they could already. To the guy who missed the race because you were trying to reach there by 2pm, i'm sorry you made a terrible mistake by thinking of doing so. Maybe next time you should go by public transport.

As for Massa's screw up, i can only say its he didn't show enough maturity despite racing for well over 3 seasons. In fact i think LH braked pretty late and was smoking his tyres when Massa understeered straight into the apex. I don't think Massa would have made the overtake even if he had braked correctly. As i said LH braked late but was still in line to move back into the inner racing line as soon as Massa turn into the apex. Though it would have been real tight if Massa braked correctly. The least he could do is to follow LH even closer and put him under more pressure and probably catch him in a lap or two later. If you've watched MS in action, you'll realise what a good overtaker Michael Schumacher is. He hustles you so much and puts you under so much pressure that naturally you'll start to make mistake and then he'll pounce on you. With Massa, he was rather rash in the challenge and paid a small price for it.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
F1 is an international event, i think they did a decent job of incorporating elements of our culture and keeping it looking modern and decent as well. Thats the image that our country wants to project to foreigners.

does hypertune models show any part of our culture at all?
yah, gary, you are right. I totally respect your view, just that I'm expecting some hot babes holding the flag instead.

Do we really need to plug in "Malaysia culture" in every single event? I believe everyone agree that Japan is one the country well keep their culture, Sumo, kinomo, 茶道, and etc. But when it come to F1, their pit babe is simply hot. I don't quite see any conflict in between the traditional culture and modern scene.

just my 0.02 cents.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
yah, gary, you are right. I totally respect your view, just that I'm expecting some hot babes holding the flag instead.

Do we really need to plug in "Malaysia culture" in every single event? I believe everyone agree that Japan is one the country well keep their culture, Sumo, kinomo, 茶道, and etc. But when it come to F1, their pit babe is simply hot. I don't quite see any conflict in between the traditional culture and modern scene.

just my 0.02 cents.
Actually, traditionally Jap chicks are hot! :shades_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wanna ask izit legal to install HID from outside??? still thinking whether to install onot,cos i see alot ppl havin it..n it looks reallly nice.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience