2000 HYUNDAI TIBURON used car safety and reliability ratings

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
Another website to share.
CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report - 2000 HYUNDAI TIBURON

Actually not much information regarding the coupe. But noticed something interesting below:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center border=0 vspace="0"><TBODY><TR vAlign=center align=left bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=top align=left width="38%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recall date: [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11-06-2001[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=top align=left width="38%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Units potentially affected: [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]42,782[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=top align=left width="38%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NHTSA campaign number: [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]01V345000[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=top align=left width="38%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Defective part or component: [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INTERIOR SYSTEMS:SHOULDER BELTS
[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=top align=left width="38%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Description: [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vehicle Description: Passenger vehicles. The driver and front passenger seat belts may not extend and retract smoothly through the D-ring guides mounted on the body pillars aft of the doors. If the seat belts do not extend and retract smoothly, they may twist in the D-ring guides and make it inconvenient to extend and retract the seat belts. If the seat belts are inconvenient to use, the seat occupant may not be inclined to wear the seat belts properly, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash. Dealers will install a stopper over each front seat belt D-ring guide to assist the seat belt to smoothly extend and retract. Owner notification began December 10, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
charles, if you went through the databank, there are lot more. :biggrin:
it's a good system, and every complain is recorded. This is how Western do car business.

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
Do you think we'll get the notification on car defect in Malaysia? I never get any for my Hyundai so far. Probably the workshop guy will charge me for the defect and say it's a known issue.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Charles, the reports was file and NHTSA keep track on those. If the number of cases increase, manufacturer will be under pressure to recall back problem model. It happen to most of the car manufacturer in US. There were once Ford recall Their Explorer with Firestone tires because the of safety issue.

source: Ford recalls Wilderness AT Firestone tires

So it's quite normal.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Malaysia won't be doing western style business.
If yes, I think Proton need to recall most of its products.
Major defects like power window and door handle can't be rectify till today.
Sad case.

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
Oh yeah, if Malaysia practise that, then they'll need to recall Proton power window for over 20 years...

Wondering why Tun is so proud of it?

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
As a PATRIOTIC Malaysian, I worry about the future of Proton...

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
No worries.
Proton is currently talking to VW and the first discussion session seems to be positive.
They are planning for a second talk now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this morning was driving my wife's car myvi went to buy paint at jotun shop. the paint was put next to me on top of passenger's leg room area. shit thing happens during cornering. the paint fell and the cover was opened.arghhhhhhhhhhh!!! damn damn damn!!. passenger door, gearstick console, seat, panels and lower part of the dash all filled with paint!!!! can you imagine half of the 5 litre paint gone inside your car??? it was the horrible experience and i almost fainted when seeing this. i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience