16mm/19mm Rear ARB for modded wira sedan?

zac

Feb 7, 2007
Dear All sifus,

My car wira sedan, already install engine strut bar, lower 4 point, rear 3 point and hotbits silver series suspension (hi/lo adj only).
I want to install ultra racing rear anti roll bar, they have 16mm spec and 19mm spec... browse through website and 16mm is the recommended one, can any user of these items share their experience?

Also, a non dealer workshop quoted me rm340 for 16mm and rm440 for 19mm, reasonable?

16mm/19mm is the thickness of the bar is it? ...
y not u go to eneos & ask their foreman..im sure they will know
cos they do sell UR bars there.....

**but i think 19mm should be suitable...the thicker the better rite?

zac

Feb 7, 2007
Bro... thicker doesn't mean better lah, need to match the overall handling mah... also chasis life span... anyway thanks for your concern...

zac

Feb 7, 2007
No eneos nvm, i know viswork and trc is dealer but havent check with them, just wanna get some after-use comment... : )

smallmaster

Apr 1, 2009
Johor
im putting 23mm rear anti roll bar (ultra racing). wahhhhhh damn syok when cornering.....no fear at all. but it abit headache in pathole road....hehehhee

zac

Feb 7, 2007
??? but i checked through their site only have 16/19 for wira leh... what car u using small master?

smallmaster

Apr 1, 2009
Johor
who said dont have. Got lah bro. maybe their website not fully updated. Even i got the warranty with my car license plate via email from Ultra Racing Co. My car just paiseh.....Wira only bro.

u can see the below 1st picture....i got highlighted the price of 23mm. u can look other bars also bro. i got upload below there. enjoyyyyy....

zac

Feb 7, 2007
Nice man, very informative... is the price stated in the catalogue included labour charge? I was told using too thick arb will make your butt too sensitive and easily buang... is that true? Maybe i will go for 19mm, ngam ngam nia, not too big not too small...

smallmaster

Apr 1, 2009
Johor
yah bro include labour charge. yah when i put 23mm abit over lah.at bumpy road need to reduce speed n etc. but i feel damn damn difference when cornering ( not yet test corner until my tyre "screchinggg" ). i feel confidence when play zig zag at traffic road. hehhehehehe.

My car still daily drive car ( home n college ) n family car too. i tink better u go for 23mm coz Ultra racing staff consult me saying that there is no side effect on chassis n etc. The only advantage is handling improvement. Dats y i just straight away choose 23mm n don wan regret later.

zac

Feb 7, 2007
Really?? my research showed bigger doesn't mean better leh...
Btw, why must us slow down while passing bumpy road with 23mm on? wats the consequences??
Do you install other UR product as well? hows the performance like?

smallmaster

Apr 1, 2009
Johor
yup true bro. im not sure of it. when passing bumpy road, i feel like shaking abit, i feel like too stiff. summore im using GAB ss series. but when i enter bumpy road, i feel my car abit shaking.

yup i got put room bar, front 4 point, fender 3 point, rear 3 point, left n right side, rear lower n front lower. Yup got damn difference. I feel like my chassis strong abit. Can go high speed with confidence n can hug corner very well. Next im goin to do autofoam n need to throw away my 1.5 engine.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
purpose of an anti roll bar is to reduce ur body roll, not eliminate it. bro titanrev got alot experience in ARB.

what i know, cars with standard ARBs are better than those w/o. so if ur car has standard ARBs, just opt for a step higher size of upgrade. Standard for wira i think its 12mm rite? so go for 16mm very good edi.

if ur ARB's are too hard, it doesn't allow ur chassis to flex which you need some. too stiff of a chassis can cause ur welding to pecah in stressed conditions, now that you have a performance engine, multiple brace bars and a reliable suspension setup.

my 2 kupang

Where you Proton drivers normally service your car? Any proton car owners..
coz i got my new saga this year.. early this year i think.. Still new kua.. So i can still get it serviced at proton.. So juz wondering whether u all normally send it to proton service centers or u send to others places i.e. your own mechanics?