Kuala Lumpur
Which one is a better choice for Myvi ?

Care to share your thoughts/experience?

Thank you

Areoulz

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
Go for K3VET bro. For MYVI, better look for Turbo R or GTti version. Less hassle on the engine mounting plus it kind of Type R version for YRV. Mean a bit faster than normal YRV K3VET.

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
With RM 10k as budget I would say might not be able to get the best out of it ;) My POV is as below...

YRV - RM 5000 (Whole Engine only)
Installation is around RM 2000 includes all parts (gaskets/engine oil etc.)
Piggyback ECU - RM 1.5K (with tuning)

BOT (D'Pro) - RM 7K (Including installation and ECU tuning)

And don't forget the brakes and suspension, you won't wanna run on BOT/YRV but with stock suspension/brakes ;) Those will cost another few more Ks for a decent setup :)

Furai

Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I see, Do you know where I can get K3-VET-R and how much does it costs?

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

With RM 10k as budget I would say might not be able to get the best out of it ;) My POV is as below...

YRV - RM 5000 (Whole Engine only)
Installation is around RM 2000 includes all parts (gaskets/engine oil etc.)
Piggyback ECU - RM 1.5K (with tuning)

BOT (D'Pro) - RM 7K (Including installation and ECU tuning)

And don't forget the brakes and suspension, you won't wanna run on BOT/YRV but with stock suspension/brakes ;) Those will cost another few more Ks for a decent setup :)
lets say money is not a problem here, which would you say is a better choice?

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
lets say money is not a problem here, which would you say is a better choice?
If money is NOT and issue for you, I'll suggest you go for K3VET for stability because the engine was built as a turbo ;) But make sure you get one with decent condition...if not you'll end up paying a lot to rebuilt the engine...and YRV-R is 'RARE among the RARES' so I don't think you can find any now...not with the RM 5K price tag at least...

Areoulz

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
Agree with jun_ng_1208. If somewhat U manage to find these type, better go buy a toto after u buy that engine.. :biggrin::biggrin:

When i got mine, never knew it was the 'R' version until I join the club and meeting people..

Furai

Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Agree with jun_ng_1208. If somewhat U manage to find these type, better go buy a toto after u buy that engine.. :biggrin::biggrin:

When i got mine, never knew it was the 'R' version until I join the club and meeting people..
Do you know the exact engine specs for K3-vet-R ?

Areoulz

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
I dunno bout the exact HP for the 'R' version. Some say 140hp. but for sure, the pistons a little bit bigger than normal turbo YRV. plus the coil is different, has 'Igniter' box which the normal version don't have, two O² sensor, 220 meter, and no speed cut..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Woke up early one Saturday morning to detail one of the first and possibly only one of its kind in Malaysia with my buddy KC.

Which one could it be? Supercharged Porsche 993?

Ferrari F355...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience