WRC on Malaysia TV

Jul 19, 2006
Has anyone noticed that there is no WRC to be found on free TV in Malaysia? From what I can gather, there are a kazillion WRC fans in Malaysia and yet there isn't anything on non-Astro TV. Anyone knows if there is a reason behind it?

What if we rallied (no pun intended) up enough fans and pressured a TV station to show some WRC? Anyone thinks it would work?

oyemakinen

Known Member
Jul 22, 2004
i think to xpensive kot or the kementerian belia dan suakn and the bored of sensorship thing "Rally" as sumthing els i guess..haha

oyemakinen

Known Member
Jul 22, 2004
i think to xpensive kot or the kementerian belia dan suakn and the bored of sensorship thing "Rally" as sumthing els i guess..haha

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
even Astro show WRC Rally also boring lo...... not complete.... *sigh*

cos i like the Super Special stage where they pitted two WRC machines against each other....

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
For me, I got no choice but to download it. Just go to torrentspy.com or mininova.org .. keyword: 'rally' or 'wrc'

For each round there should be 3 clips .. day 1.. 2 and 3.. and super special (this is quite rare to find)

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
they featured it b4 last time(i think on tv3) but dunno wat happend stop d............

i nvr watch much tv since then, cept for live F1..........i use BT watching the rest

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
oyemakinen is right.
sponsoring rally is darn expensive.
APRC Rally of M'sia maybe cancelled,due to lack of funds.and the media might not show any interest in broadcasting WRC / Rally events..again,no money no talk for them..

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
malaysia tv lack of fund becos of malaysia bodohland leader oni care about his pocket and couldn't care less about the viewer,unless u pay by urself to get astro channel.

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
yea... they never really give a damn about Rally sports... they know rempits cant afford it... Hell Yeah !!!... so, they only show the kapcai motorbike race all the time on RTM1...

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
tv stations choose shows based on who their audiences are.. they do lots of research to find out who watches their station.. honestly, how many of you guys here watch RTM1? or even RTM2 for that matter? I don't.

When the station knows who watches, they are obviously going to choose a show that these people watch.. next, they have to pay for the show for the rights to air it on their channel.. so how does a tv station make money to pay for shows? advertising. People who have products to sell to the TV stations audiences will pay to have their ad placed during the time the programme airs...

So, if the people who actually bother to watch rallying dont even watch rtm1 and rtm2, it makes no commercial sense for them to show it.

the younger, more hip, more towards extreme sports.. music..etc. tv channels should be the one thinking long and hard about showing WRC.. BUT.. if its already being shown on Astro, it don't make sense for them to show it again, as they probably can't get advertising RM to pay for it. as most of the mainstream channels are already on astro today.

so, in retrospect, its not really the tv stations fault.

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
what time and date is astro playing WRC now? i cannot seem to find the program.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

New Breed of Eagles – Goodyear’s ultra, ultra high performance road tyres, the Eagle F1 SuperSport, SuperSport R and SuperSport RS are now in Malaysia!

The SuperSport RS compete directly with Michelin’s Pilot Sport Cup 2 and was recently adopted as one of Porsche’s factory tyres for the 911 GT2 RS..

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience