MRS ZZW 30 owners discussion thread

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
the MRS will make the long awaited feature in japanese manga's "Initial D"- project D stage 5.

the car is rumour to be driven by Kai. he comes back (the guy driving the 2nd gen MR2) to avenge his loss driving a MR-S.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
will see in chapter 35 / 36. (still in works however, so its much a speculation).

the last time was the stupid leaves, wonder whats the excuse this time around. (takumi never loses with a working tofu car)

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
If Takumi don't lose this time, then I will quit seeing anymore Initial D.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
If Takumi don't lose this time, then I will quit seeing anymore Initial D.
haha, ben if takumi loses then no more Initial D liao.

inmagine what the other millions of fans will say when their aui-cheong Hachi-Roku loses to a C-One equiped MRS. likely still 1ZZ, no its not the Tehno Spirit 2ZZ in the picture. it a puny to those other fans.
:cyclops:

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Top Gear has a review of the Spyder in the March 2007 issue
(UK edition, not sure about malaysia edition.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

[QUOTES from TopGear] >> *reviewing a 2000-2002 model (not 2003 onward btw)

"With its cury roadster styling, the last-generation MR2 finally entered our psyche as a cool car"

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/spyder555_photos/pg3SMALL.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/spyder555_photos/quote.jpg

They give the MR2 a good review, and that can only help our resale values and desirability as the years go on.

What else can you buy in the neighborhood of $15,000 and have this much fun with? My other choices would be an early Porsche 911, a Lotus Elan, or an BMW Z3 M-series coupe. <-------- in a way valguely applies in msia as the latter is still perceived better bargains due to local mindset

>>It's in the 'Buyers Guide' section. <<<
[QUOTES from TopGear]

"Poor Old Toyota. Despite the MR2, despite the Supra and despite F1, the fact remains that most people don't associate speedy, fun-to-drive cars with the Japanese giant. This is a crying shame. It's also somewhat of an oversight."

"... the time has vome to speak up for Toyota's baby sports car."

"Buying an MR2 makes good monetary sense - actually it makes excellent monetary sense."

"Of all the owners we spoke to, a handful had experienced problems, none of them serious. Even if you decide to sell, the high demand keeping prices buoyant means you probably won't lose much."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
TRAIL kit ~ probably the best non-widebody kit for MRS

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
looks like that chap wants to go "wide".