2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com

goober

500 RPM
Jul 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Meguiars as we know it is famous for it's car detailing products from liquid polishes right down to its plastic cleaners.

Had the pleasure of meeting the Meguiars Team during GRA last Sunday and they have invited MR2/MRS club to join them on one Saturday for a car detailing workshop.

More details:

Venue : Hypercoat s/b in USJ 1, Subang Jaya
Time : 9.00 am to 2.00 pm
Objective : Learning about car detailing (inside & out) from Meguiars Pro Team
Min pax : About 15 cars only (1st come 1st serve)
Why : Cause there will be freebies & about time we detail our MR2/MRS's
DATE CHANGED TO 11AUG2007
Entry: Free of charge

Have spoken to Esther from Meguairs and now have the following details.

-Date of Event is proposed for 11AUG2007 (Saturday)
-Minimum 20 cars now and not 15 as I put earlier
-20% discount for all the Meguiar’s consumer range products
-Discounted price for car detailing services

The proposed agenda is as follows:

Time Event
0930hrs Arrival of esteem members of MR2/MRS members
1000hrs Introduction of Hypercoat & Meguiar's
1015hrs Presentation of Meguiar's
1045hrs Q & A
1100hrs Meguiar's Car Wash Demonstration
1130hrs F & B
1200hrs Meguiar's Paint Care Demonstration
1330hrs Lucky Draw
1400hrs End

Any takers?

To participate in this event, please proceed to this Thread and add your name to the list:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ailing-workshop-looking-for-participants.html

For more info, and check out past workshops for WPC and Swift Club....
Meguiar's Malaysia Car Care Forum :: Index

Regards

Goober

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
german spyder meet (berlin)

tai khor vs sai lo

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Just want to ask whether if the Pivot branded device (forgot the name though) really remove the JDM fuel cut?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
not sure but like most "fuel cut" devises. the only theoretically "fool" the ECU. it should be good enough for some as most MR-S (because of japan) gearing, you can only top 210kmh +- at most. european spec MR-S goes 230kmh +-. (but standing start is slower). there is a euro spec MR-S (ship in with his own AP after working in UK for several years) locally who had once out paced a BMW police car in UK:burnout: . but due to his duty bound conscience :star: , he slowed down & was served with a hefty court summons :)

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
If that's the case, I might be fixing the Pivot device soon. It looks something like this PRODUCT & I was quoted by Kakimotor for roughly around RM 300 to 400 earlier this year.

What's your recommendation koolspyda?

I can't stand because last weekend a new Honda Civic (not sure 1.8 or 2.0 coz he didn't past me) almost caught me up on NPE.

Last edited:

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Dont be surprised if Civic is able to keep up or do better ben... in any case just tell me who it is and I'll mow him over with my ER34 :)

Ak1R4

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
hey all,

there's an MRS in motortrader, yellow in colour going for RM89,800 with 17" s/rims, new tyres, TRD bodykit, adjustable absober, sound system.

Anyone got history on this?

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Dont be surprised if Civic is able to keep up or do better ben... in any case just tell me who it is and I'll mow him over with my ER34 :)
Yea I know the Civic (nevermind 1.8 or 2.0) is better on the straight due to higher top speed. Luckily NPE has a few stretch with corners & the new Civic sucks at corners, therefore I got away without the Civic overtaking me. Darn the fuel cut, otherwise it will be easier.

Shmues

Mar 27, 2006
hey all,

there's an MRS in motortrader, yellow in colour going for RM89,800 with 17" s/rims, new tyres, TRD bodykit, adjustable absober, sound system.

Anyone got history on this?
Hahaha..If im not mistaken this car is the same one i saw yellow with white rims, subwoofer in the back console, absorbers, trd bodykit, Number plate from penang,

From the registration card i think you will be the 4th or fifth owner if the person managed to sell the car last year,

The car looks great but i remeber the owner telling me while we were discussing price he did say please put in some new smt fluid when you buy it will make the changing more smooth...HAHAHAHAHAHA...Trust me i think i should know:adore:

Ak1R4

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Hmm.. so many owners ah...

not so cool.

Nvm, continue to search. Anybody knows of any good ones out there? (budget not over rm110k)

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
do shop around, there may be some 'out of our usual sights'

the ones i heard of, nizra (paradise blue~6speed), bangsar(silver), pandan jaya (black manual), sunway (silver).

i dont know of all their conditions & history.

Shmues

Mar 27, 2006
Yes that particular car is selling because of the owners are not solving the cars problem.

Koolspyda right there are better ones in the market:)

NatNat

Oct 4, 2004
Hi guys,

How was the Meguairs Car Clinic the other day? Already planned to go but something came up at the last minute.

My shocks are due for a change already due to leaking and plain old age I guess (all four!!! :( ). Anyone knows whether the TRD shocks can be used with standard coils?
I survey the price there's not much difference with a std shocks, if ok may as well go for the TRD ones.

regards,

psyche07

Sep 15, 2004
Anyone knows whether the TRD shocks can be used with standard coils?

Yes it can :burnout:

NatNat

Oct 4, 2004
I thought I read somewhere on their website that they recommend to use the shock with TRD coils as well as it is tuned together... does that mean it's not tuned well with standard coils?

Do you think the ride will be the same or better than std shocks?:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys, I accidentally scratched my dad's 2005 Honda Accord front bumper today against a ridiculously high road kerb (or is it curb?). Well, I gotta admit, it is my fault, my driving is not up to standards.. whatever. The front of the car is too long, and my dad's sitting position is too low, that's why I didn't judge properly.

Anyway, I am here to ask if anyone knows of a product that can remove these scratches??? If I can't remove, can I at least do something to cover up the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience