Exhaust modification

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Guys,

I have a 3" straight flow exhaust setup on my turbo car. I have a mid-box resonator (pretty large one and is straight flow) and a pretty large straight flow rear muffler. But it's still loud and the droning at 2.6-3k rpm is killing me since I'm in that rev range a lot.

I've been reading up about side-branch resonators and helmholtz resonators. It's those weird branch exhaust add-ons that apparently take away the droning by cancelling out certain frequencies depending on length of the resonator.

Anyone tried this with positive results?

images.jpg images2.jpg

my suggestion is better and cheaper to go with dual resonator instead...

this frequency tune especially exhaust require a lot of trial and error...

I have seen Adam LZ doing this on his 350z, dual. Useless. Apparently well known brand still.
Well known brand? Didn't know there's branded resonators out there. It didn't help to reduce the drone for Adam LZ? I'll go google this.

my suggestion is better and cheaper to go with dual resonator instead...

this frequency tune especially exhaust require a lot of trial and error...
Well, if I can't fit another reso then I won't really have much of a choice. Trial and error is scary

change back to ori setup with bigger inch pipe not more than 2.5 inch, it will be smooth and nice sound like feel nothing..:biggrin:

change back to ori setup with bigger inch pipe not more than 2.5 inch, it will be smooth and nice sound like feel nothing..:biggrin:
I'd have to change a lot of things if I did that. Including the downpipe, manifold, turbo housing... not gonna happen

What about the resonator box you have been asking the rest to try out, will that unit help?

no cuz I need 3".. that's 2" only.

i got a suggestion... find a place where lorry/busses do their exhaust... those kind of shop can custom muffler?resonator according to your size...small or big also can...

coz 3" is common for lorry and busses...

downside is probably come in normal mild steel...no SS material..

Guys,

I have a 3" straight flow exhaust setup on my turbo car. I have a mid-box resonator (pretty large one and is straight flow) and a pretty large straight flow rear muffler. But it's still loud and the droning at 2.6-3k rpm is killing me since I'm in that rev range a lot.

I've been reading up about side-branch resonators and helmholtz resonators. It's those weird branch exhaust add-ons that apparently take away the droning by cancelling out certain frequencies depending on length of the resonator.

Anyone tried this with positive results?

View attachment 571443 View attachment 571444

I have seen a video on youtube about installing helmholtz resonator on a galant vr4 to reduce drone ... he get a quite positive result with it ,maybe you could check it out if u haven't watched it .

if I had to guess, from my own experience it’s because the diameter of the pipe is on the big side thus it drones.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom