Recruitment drive? Sort of? For ZTH Youtube!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Hi guys,

Myself and a fellow moderator (Xerofighter) have started doing some MCM styled videos and stuff. We're hoping to recruit one more volunteer who has video editing skills because Windows Movie Maker is just crap.

The idea is simple. We're doing DIYs, mythbusting, reviews and all that on Youtube and we work on our own cars while video-documenting everything.

We need one more member who's interested in donating his own time (as we are) to help edit the videos to Youtube viewable standards. I have the video recording equipment (sort of) but don't have the Adobe Premier skills (or any software equivalent).

If anyone's interested in joining our little escapade please let myself or Xerofighter know. We'll work on your car too and the only other thing we ask from you is to have mad car-stuff enthusiasm.

Eat car stuff, sleep car stuff, drink coca cola. :proud::driver:

So let us know!

Our first experiment mythbuster :
http://youtu.be/nJQJChbgccg

Dyno run - YouTube

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9936.jpg
    IMG_9936.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Today's dyno was a baseline test. We got a few things in mind but looking for people to help sort out and edit the footage cuz we don't have experience on it.

Needs a video guy or at least one whose hobby is into video. Seen my ex colleague do it, the editing is a real pain and time consuming...

i only know use window movie maker :biggrin:

Are you sure?
Here....Nasi Lemak 2.0 film using Canon 5DMKII

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150302965792708.356467.91064382707

I haven't hacked the camera the way those guys have. I still want the warranty for the camera mah. The custom ROM flash can be done I know but this camera is my bread and butter for my side job so I can't afford to lose warranty for the camera atm. The standard ROM automatically fires up the preview screen in video mode and the whole camera gets quite hot after 15 minutes of continuous usage.

Besides, I'm still saving up for a glidecam and a Merlin.

wait la. haven't quite found the video editor to work with us yet

Perhaps don't try to aim high and just do simple cut of the footage. Look at EricTheCarGuy's videos...no fancy opening sequence with 3D assets or light leaks. Its the content that is king, the presentation doesn't have to be top notch, just adequate.

We know its a work in progress, dont worry..just show us your tits:biggrin:..I mean show us ur video dude. :burnout:

Try looking into Sony Vegas...I heard it gets the job done for amateurs, or even Apple's Final Cut. Or just use YouTube's editor if you have to. I'm probably the last guy to give advise on video production :rofl::rofl:

Top Bottom