Car almost stolen AGAIN

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes, starting from Evo IX, the head got MIVEC already but in the IX only for intake side, while for the X if I'm not mistaken already for both intake and exhaust (CMIIW though coz I don't really pay attention anymore to the X). The MIVEC actually should make the engine more powerful and responsive.
What is CMIIW?? MIVEC used to be for high revving NA engines like the 4G92 MIVEC and 6A12 MIVEC. But recent new ones are more towards better fuel consumption like i-VTEC. For Evo, I think the MIVEC improves low end torque and fuel consumption.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Isn't the MIVEC only applied on the head of the 4G63T block in IX? Or at least that's what I've heard... And there is something like the MIVEC is only on the intake side of the cam not on the exhaust side... Can just remove to head into VIII's head if you don't like MIVEC... :biggrin:

V different with IV already. V using CP9A chassis while IV is CN9A chassis. And V had wider fenders than IV.
Ya i know chassis different. Identical design as in the rear design, front slightly same. Fenders V like u said yes it has wider fenders...:top:

The rest of the Evo, I don't really like the rear design. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Ya i know chassis different. Identical design as in the rear design, front slightly same. Fenders V like u said yes it has wider fenders...:top:

The rest of the Evo, I don't really like the rear design. :biggrin:
the internal layout of the rear light also different. The signal and reverse indicator is different.

There are also some with this design which doesnt look good.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
VI rear slightly same just that it become single tail lamp, not attached to the boot. Still prefer IV and V. But V the tail lamp nicer though...also hardly see Evo V, usually Evo IV and VII

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What is CMIIW?? MIVEC used to be for high revving NA engines like the 4G92 MIVEC and 6A12 MIVEC. But recent new ones are more towards better fuel consumption like i-VTEC. For Evo, I think the MIVEC improves low end torque and fuel consumption.
CMIIW: Correct Me If I'm Wrong. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, MIVEC was for NA models, until the Evo IX they incorporate into the turbo also....

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

CMIIW: Correct Me If I'm Wrong. :biggrin:
New to me also.....:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, MIVEC was for NA models, until the Evo IX they incorporate into the turbo also....

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

New to me also.....:rofl:
The old high revving MIVEC days are gone now. Now it is more like a technology for better fuel consumption

Seems that I am not the only one that is outdated with CMIIW.

Hahaha, that has been around and widely used for about the same as LOL, WTF, IMHO, IMO. :biggrin:
Perhaps the acronym is too a bit too long so not much people have been using it.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The old high revving MIVEC days are gone now. Now it is more like a technology for better fuel consumption

Seems that I am not the only one that is outdated with CMIIW.

Perhaps the acronym is too a bit too long so not much people have been using it.
Yup, usually 3 to max 4. 5 we are lost....:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The stage is set for the unveiling of the BMW 1 Series M Coupe at the Detroit Auto Show in January and things couldn’t be looking better for the hottest 1 Series yet. With approximately 345hp from its twin-turboed 3-liter straight six mill, little wonder that this model is being touted as the purest M vehicle of its time.

Still, the old adage...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience