Vsixers : Perdana V6 Club Malaysia.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
NS performance aka powerzone for supercharger. xpensive and not sure if they still doing it.

Turbo for v6 i dont think alot garage wanna do. involve alot works and stuff.

in the end, i still think transplant engine is the way to go.

pain also 1 time only hehe

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
any vsixer in ttdi kl area?..

anyway my v6 year 2000 make cracking/popping sound during left turn. Only left turn, right turn no issue. Possible CV join,

ps; at first i thought lower arm, change both R/L lower arm(S and Straight). Seems to solve the issue, but after 3 days, the issue is back again.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
could be your tie rod end.
from gearbox to oil sum gasket ..chain effect..hahaha..

is it expensive? is there a recond unit? did not want to repeat my mistake where i bought new lower arm where i can get it recond for half price from the new one.

By the way, is it recommended for full overhaul bcause 30k more will change my timing belt and this year itself since march:

top overhaul(change top gasket,clean piston, change spark plug)
change radiator(due to hose patah)
change gearbox + add atf cooler
change oil seal
change oil sum gasket
change front lower arm(s and straight)

and i have this other issue,somehow my battery kong during window tint service recently(using ns70 2 1/2years old) ...then when i install stiffring same thing happen (ns60 3 days old)..no ICE,no extra accessory that consume electric all stock yr2000 v6.. :confused:

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
Marshal, u mean all those noise came after installing stiff ring? You got try remove and see if the noise still persist?

now im having some headache over SR as well. i dont feel the extra tightness of handling nor more silent road noise etc, but my dashboard giving out those rattling sound and i felt its, just hard. Prior to install SR, im running on hilo adjustable, then install and swap back to ori eterna spring and absorber. i dont feel those stuff that every user mentioned..... and my DS is jumping like crazy. swapped 3 set -luckily they gave me warranty, but till now my problem yet to be solved. coming off day need to fix this damn thing again. im going to remove SR and change the DS again see whats the outcome.... finger crossed..

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Marshal, u mean all those noise came after installing stiff ring? You got try remove and see if the noise still persist?

now im having some headache over SR as well. i dont feel the extra tightness of handling nor more silent road noise etc, but my dashboard giving out those rattling sound and i felt its, just hard. Prior to install SR, im running on hilo adjustable, then install and swap back to ori eterna spring and absorber. i dont feel those stuff that every user mentioned..... and my DS is jumping like crazy. swapped 3 set -luckily they gave me warranty, but till now my problem yet to be solved. coming off day need to fix this damn thing again. im going to remove SR and change the DS again see whats the outcome.... finger crossed..
I install my new lower arm together with stiff ring at same time..soo :confused:

sorry for my noobness but what is DS?

i felt stable at high speed,does not vibrate much on uneven road and steering felt heavier. Im using everything stock. The car is 13yr old.

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
SR stiff ring
DS drive shaft

lower arm i changed too. but that was months before.

next week going back to troubleshoot the blardy DS. else im going to burn the shop down for wasting my time and improve nothing. its 3 trips yo. im going to take out the SR, perhaps.. see if any perdana user interested:biggrin:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I install my new lower arm together with stiff ring at same time..soo :confused:

sorry for my noobness but what is DS?

i felt stable at high speed,does not vibrate much on uneven road and steering felt heavier. Im using everything stock. The car is 13yr old.
heavier steering is caused by the new lower arms if you're using other than genuine Mitsubishi or Proton sets.
SR stiff ring
DS drive shaft

lower arm i changed too. but that was months before.

next week going back to troubleshoot the blardy DS. else im going to burn the shop down for wasting my time and improve nothing. its 3 trips yo. im going to take out the SR, perhaps.. see if any perdana user interested:biggrin:
No improvement in handling with the SR? How much you want to let go the sr bro? interested.

jien1329

Known Member
Sep 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hello guys.. this morning, i just did a regular engine oil check, atf n etc.. :nurse:
while i was checking into the head, i found something unusual for me.. :afraid:pls refer to the pics below..

this one its not grinded on the camshaft.. its like on the head body (xtaw nama) huhu.. :rofl:

its like the camshaft has been grinded.. is this normal? :confused:

posted in v6 comm frum but to no avail.. bro danz, any idea?

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
heavier steering is caused by the new lower arms if you're using other than genuine Mitsubishi or Proton sets.

No improvement in handling with the SR? How much you want to let go the sr bro? interested.
mau buka and c if got any damage to the SR dulu. if not so good takkan wan to sell.:wavey:

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
go mudah.my c.alot.but those depo n eagle eyes very xpensive. last time bought for my wira from Brader. d plastic housing damn thin.also very hard to adjust d angle coz d plastic rapuh.for tail i think is ok.for head think twice

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
hello guys.. this morning, i just did a regular engine oil check, atf n etc.. :nurse:
while i was checking into the head, i found something unusual for me.. :afraid:pls refer to the pics below..

this one its not grinded on the camshaft.. its like on the head body (xtaw nama) huhu.. :rofl:

its like the camshaft has been grinded.. is this normal? :confused:

posted in v6 comm frum but to no avail.. bro danz, any idea?
That should be okay I guess as I opened the oil cap I saw the same thing inside my car's engine.

Lean

UnderCoverProject Founder
Oct 30, 2006
KL
undercoverproject.blogspot.com
anyone knows where can i buy this 2 items?

560rm, is it a good price? quite exp i feel

U mean RM560 For both the front headlamp and rear brake lights. Its consider cheap though

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Some save money tips for all our V6 members. Just for you information as mentioned below if you guys still running on the stock standard pv6 exhaust.

Reviving the Old and dull Exhaust and Muffler Tip of Proton Perdana V6 @ UndercoverProject: Reviving the Old and dull Exhaust and Muffler Tip of Proton Perdana V6

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
U mean RM560 For both the front headlamp and rear brake lights. Its consider cheap though

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Some save money tips for all our V6 members. Just for you information as mentioned below if you guys still running on the stock standard pv6 exhaust.

Reviving the Old and dull Exhaust and Muffler Tip of Proton Perdana V6 @ UndercoverProject: Reviving the Old and dull Exhaust and Muffler Tip of Proton Perdana V6
yeah, RM550 for everything.

i bought my smoked rear for rm120.. :proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

http://protonmania.com/index.php/topic,283.0.html"]http://protonmania.com/index.php/topic,283.0.html[/URL]
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience