Ford Fiesta or Nissan Almeria? All opinions and suggestions are much appreciated...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Re: Ford Fiesta or Nissan Almeria? All opinions and suggestions are much appreciated.

Imho, Fiesta is a better modern choice. Handling is a riot (good way) with good power in all rev. Very modern looking. Mantainence wise - Ford 3S is mushrooming by the minute ere. Shouldn't be a problem especially with free service and all. Resale - this is the only low point about the car. due to the older models not being a top model so it reflects to their prices in later years. Nissan brand might score higher than Ford. Jerking wise, i think the gearbox is build that way n a matter of getting used to it.

Sentra (Genting spec - 80s) n Almera (current) are two very diffrent animals (cars). Made of diffrent management (NIssan was, REnault-Nissan current) and diffrent time (80s cars not really into the cost cutting methods, yet). I dont think its wise to see Almera perform the same (diffrent class too) than their older models, alone. This is a low/base line car, anyway and it shows. Lookwise, Almera looks like a saga/new mirage/ in front and th rear looks like a bigger sedan like Persona/Civic. it might have fewer fans than the chic looking Fiesta.

it more on a choice of getting a modern tech car versus a baseline car.

If its entirely on which is better for the girl, Fiesta in Chilly Red.

bash at will, if u must. ;)
No bro, no one will bash you. In this thread, everyone is free to give their POV, suggestions and
opinions. Is an open discussion. That's what forums are for and want no bashing like kids here.

Anyway, very good point. From what I see here, most guys would thinks that Ford Fiesta
is a better choice in terms of performance and modern technology with its gadgets and other
plus points.

To me, looking at Almeria just always reminds me of Vios, kinda look like a Vios. If really
Almeria is your choice, please get the one with bodykits or at least suit it up with some
bodykits outside. If not, I have seen one without bodykits, I would say is even uglier than
the dugong vios in stock body.

One is just a baseline car Almeria which is suitable for chicks/anyone that just want a car that
can give him/her less hassle for few years and easy to maintain and just a normal car to ferry
them from A - B. Just need a car. Then Almeria it is. Just like the 3 criteria that she is looking
for, Ford Fiesta is surely not the car she is looking for if she prefer a higher resale value car.

Still for guys, Ford Fiesta is a better choice :biggrin: Nice bodykits available too :top:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Re: Ford Fiesta or Nissan Almeria? All opinions and suggestions are much appreciated.

Ya, she went for Almeria. Which I think is the right choice too to meet her 3 criteria...
Solved her dilemma...
Base on the 3 criteria yes, go for Nissan, but does she like the driving pleasure?
I prefer to buy a car I like to drive, you got to keep a few years at the least.....:burnout:

As mentioned earlier, my friend will be sending his Fiesta over for some waxing job this Saturday, then I can inspect and try the car.....:driver::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Base on the 3 criteria yes, go for Nissan, but does she like the driving pleasure?
I prefer to buy a car I like to drive, you got to keep a few years at the least.....:burnout:

As mentioned earlier, my friend will be sending his Fiesta over for some waxing job this Saturday, then I can inspect and try the car.....:driver::biggrin:
Waxing at your place? Damn! can't attend!

Yes, she was at 1st confuse dunno which car to buy. Tested many but Almeria never came into
her mind cuz she didnt know Nissan at that time launch the new car.

So, I told her why not u go test drive Almeria. She tested, Satria Neo, Inspira, Forte and many more.

Still cant decide, so I told her why not narrow down to 2 cars that you love and like most.
Which is why ended up either Almeria or Fiesta. Even though she prefer a hatchback but
the 3 Criteria comes 1st. Finally, paid downpayment for Nissan Almeria.

Happy for her though. Actually she wanted to get Fiesta but early 2013 can't make it to
get the car cuz no stock it seems. So, went for Almeria instead :rofl: Good choice though. :top:
If not later she get Fiesta already, will come after me pula haha :laugh:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Waxing at your place? Damn! can't attend!

Yes, she was at 1st confuse dunno which car to buy. Tested many but Almeria never came into
her mind cuz she didnt know Nissan at that time launch the new car.

So, I told her why not u go test drive Almeria. She tested, Satria Neo, Inspira, Forte and many more.

Still cant decide, so I told her why not narrow down to 2 cars that you love and like most.
Which is why ended up either Almeria or Fiesta. Even though she prefer a hatchback but
the 3 Criteria comes 1st. Finally, paid downpayment for Nissan Almeria.

Happy for her though. Actually she wanted to get Fiesta but early 2013 can't make it to
get the car cuz no stock it seems. So, went for Almeria instead :rofl: Good choice though. :top:
If not later she get Fiesta already, will come after me pula haha :laugh:
Yup, that is always the problem when people ask you for recommendation.....:banghead::biggrin:
Sending over on Saturday, waxing on Sunday.....:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Ford 3S is mushrooming by the minute ere. Shouldn't be a problem
Not entirely accurate on the latter. Most of it is "authorised" 3S, so they are just appointed and not by SDAC themselves. I face problems on and off with "authorised" SC, whereas the branch SC can rectify things much faster and easier.

especially with free service and all.
Compared to Almera thats RM1.6k value for 3 years, AFTER the free service, who knows how hard you'll be hit with service and parts.

Resale - this is the only low point about the car. due to the older models not being a top model so it reflects to their prices in later years.
Ford has historically not do well in Malaysia, the Focus, the Mondeos, despite the two being very good cars.

Nissan brand might score higher than Ford. Jerking wise, i think the gearbox is build that way n a matter of getting used to it.
I think the gearbox jerking is unacceptable. Similar with VW. The VW Golf Mk5 GTi has no jerking issues, whereas the new Polo and Golf does. Saying "it is like that" is a Proton behavior.

Sentra (Genting spec - 80s) n Almera (current) are two very diffrent animals (cars). Made of diffrent management (NIssan was, REnault-Nissan current) and diffrent time (80s cars not really into the cost cutting methods, yet). I dont think its wise to see Almera perform the same (diffrent class too) than their older models, alone. This is a low/base line car, anyway and it shows. Lookwise, Almera looks like a saga/new mirage/ in front and th rear looks like a bigger sedan like Persona/Civic. it might have fewer fans than the chic looking Fiesta.
Its competing with the Toyota Vios & Honda City, and in that segment, for the price, its a very competitive offering.

it more on a choice of getting a modern tech car versus a baseline car.
No its not, in this context, the buyer has already established what they want. Resale value, maintenance and spare parts. The Fiesta only score points on the free maintenance, while losing out to Nissan on the other two.

If its entirely on which is better for the girl, Fiesta in Chilly Red.
This is a classic example of forcing your opinion onto other people. Better for you may not apply to other people. In my opinion, Ford Fiesta is the better car, but is it the better car for the girl? Depends what the girl wants.

That's like saying "if its entirely on which is better for the girl, a big cock in black". well, that's not true.maybe some of them have small mouths and they prefer nuggets instead.

*cock here is referring to the 2 legged winged with feather type, get your brain out of the gutter.

bash at will, if u must. ;)
Done.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Not entirely accurate on the latter. Most of it is "authorised" 3S, so they are just appointed and not by SDAC themselves. I face problems on and off with "authorised" SC, whereas the branch SC can rectify things much faster and easier.

Compared to Almera thats RM1.6k value for 3 years, AFTER the free service, who knows how hard you'll be hit with service and parts.

Ford has historically not do well in Malaysia, the Focus, the Mondeos, despite the two being very good cars.

I think the gearbox jerking is unacceptable. Similar with VW. The VW Golf Mk5 GTi has no jerking issues, whereas the new Polo and Golf does. Saying "it is like that" is a Proton behavior.

Its competing with the Toyota Vios & Honda City, and in that segment, for the price, its a very competitive offering.

No its not, in this context, the buyer has already established what they want. Resale value, maintenance and spare parts. The Fiesta only score points on the free maintenance, while losing out to Nissan on the other two.

This is a classic example of forcing your opinion onto other people. Better for you may not apply to other people. In my opinion, Ford Fiesta is the better car, but is it the better car for the girl? Depends what the girl wants.

That's like saying "if its entirely on which is better for the girl, a big cock in black". well, that's not true.maybe some of them have small mouths and they prefer nuggets instead.

*cock here is referring to the 2 legged winged with feather type, get your brain out of the gutter.

Done.
Very good and detail explanation with facts as always IXEO bro :adore: :top:
Truly agree with all points stated. :driver:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004

by the time you finish comparing i think Honda and Toyota coming out with new model again :p

Just go for Fiesta ! All car value depreciate

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

by the time you finish comparing i think Honda and Toyota coming out with new model again :p

Just go for Fiesta ! All car value depreciate
I agree on that.
Anyway, Owner already decided on Almeria base on her 3 main criterias. Thanks for suggesting bro! :top:

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006

This is a much more civilized area than autoworld!

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Yup, that is always the problem when people ask you for recommendation.....:banghead::biggrin:
Sending over on Saturday, waxing on Sunday.....:biggrin:
SF, lets storm his hse :biggrin:

vr2 taiko, we can help if you dont mind :biggrin::biggrin:

off topic abit, im eager to attend the next detailling clinic, but seems not that active already nowadays

IMO, Ford Fiesta is much more a fun car to drive than Almera. But the obvious disadvantage is its cabin space. It is cramped. To the driver and especially car enthusiasts who likes to drive, that should not be much of a prob coz it is a fun car to drive. But to the passengers, sorry la...

In contrast, Almera cabin space is suprisingly biggggggg...can gangnam style inside lol. So if your friend want to use it as a family car, no problem at all.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

off topic abit, im eager to attend the next detailling clinic, but seems not that active already nowadays
No need to storm, open invitation......:biggrin:

Detailing Clinic? I thought that one, bro. kc got it covered?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

No need to storm, open invitation......:biggrin:

Detailing Clinic? I thought that one, bro. kc got it covered?
Sure ma? :biggrin: Which are do u live btw?

Yah usually it is organized by KC but seems like nowadays seldom see it

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Sure ma? :biggrin: Which are do u live btw?

Yah usually it is organized by KC but seems like nowadays seldom see it
pm you better.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

This is a much more civilized area than autoworld!
Is everyone effort in contributing to make ZTH Forum a better place for everyone. Is a place
where everyone share their knowledge and for discussion. No point to prove who is a smarter
in here. Glad you like it like everyone of us do as well.

IMO, Ford Fiesta is much more a fun car to drive than Almera. But the obvious disadvantage is its cabin space. It is cramped. To the driver and especially car enthusiasts who likes to drive, that should not be much of a prob coz it is a fun car to drive. But to the passengers, sorry la...

In contrast, Almera cabin space is suprisingly biggggggg...can gangnam style inside lol. So if your friend want to use it as a family car, no problem at all.
Ya, depending on one's criteria in getting the type of car. I too will pick Fiesta but then
it just wont match those 3 criterias...

Storm his house? haha! His location adi stated PJ la bro...Detailing Clinic, u got to call KC personally to find out. It wont be posted here.

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran

I did test driven Nissan Almera last Saturday. My first impression, "This car looks abit ugly". Then opened up the door and "Whooooo". The space inside was so dam big. Tried to sit at the rear and have a lot of space for the legs. Opened up the rear boot and again "Whooo". Its the same size of any other newer sedan out there. I'd say as big as Inspira maybe.

Next I asked the salesman to test drive. Nothing fancy bout it as for 1.5L. No fancy gadgets such as push start button and so on. BTW, I hate the center console which is just a big round circle. Driven the car and like I said, just the same as 1.5L Vios. The response, acceleration.

But try to look for Almera Impuls. The bodykit is damn nice.

My 0.00000007 cents.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

I did test driven Nissan Almera last Saturday. My first impression, "This car looks abit ugly". Then opened up the door and "Whooooo". The space inside was so dam big. Tried to sit at the rear and have a lot of space for the legs. Opened up the rear boot and again "Whooo". Its the same size of any other newer sedan out there. I'd say as big as Inspira maybe.

Next I asked the salesman to test drive. Nothing fancy bout it as for 1.5L. No fancy gadgets such as push start button and so on. BTW, I hate the center console which is just a big round circle. Driven the car and like I said, just the same as 1.5L Vios. The response, acceleration.

But try to look for Almera Impuls. The bodykit is damn nice.

My 0.00000007 cents.
Agree, want to go for Almera, make your money worth it by going for the one with IMPUL bodykits.
Just totally uglier than a Dugong if without bodykits or one would just say who on
earth design such an ugly car!? This kind of term seems appropriate.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Agree, want to go for Almera, make your money worth it by going for the one with IMPUL bodykits.
Just totally uglier than a Dugong if without bodykits or one would just say who on
earth design such an ugly car!? This kind of term seems appropriate.
Fiesta with Kit...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Not yet painted kit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Just wanna check, I'm driving perdana evo 3, semi lsd gearbox, my front driver side driveshaft has broken, can i replace it with original perdana's driveshaft
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience