WTS: boost cut ??

H22-C

500 RPM
my evo8mr details as follow:

1. engine / ecu, etc. all are stock original.
2. HKS hybrid oem replacement air filter.
3. catalystic converter replaced with straight pipe.
4. HKS silent hi-power, centre pipe to muffler.

boost behaviour like this:
boost peak at 1.55, then stable at 1.3 or 1.4.
(i have checked with other evo, my boost behaviour is similar like others. stock condition)

recently the "engine cut" when boost reaches 1.5 bar. Within half a second, when the boost lower than 1.5, then the car back to normal and continue to boost.

"engine cut" is fuel cut or other cut ? i am not sure.

it does not happens everytime.
some time it happens at 3rd gear, then 4th and 5th gear continue to boost no poblem.
it happens at various range of rpm, around 4000 rpm and 6000 rpm.

since my engine setup is all original, i am not sure this is "boost cut" or what cut ....

please help.

Bro,

Pls define further abt the situation where and how yr 'engine cut' happened!!! Was it like the ori car having speed cut when it reaches 190km/h?! I means the jerk and the 'pop' sound... U hv the speed cut defender unit right?

Am using Pivot speed cut, but sometimes when i reaches 190km/h, my car suddenly do hv the speed cut somemore!!! LoL... Surprise!!! But not very often... it happens when i hang ard 185-195km/h speed... Asked my mech b4... They said mayb de Pivot thingy not good enough!!! LOL...

Not sure abt yr engine cut, the whole engine stop functioning?! die off?!

S9, yes, the engine cut is similar to speed cut at around 190km/h.

when i floor the pedal at 3rd gear, the boost should go up to reach its peak at around 1.55 within a few second.

but now, (sometime, not always), it reaches 1.5 bar and "engine cut", at the instance it cuts, the boost come down to below 1.5 bar, then the engine back to normal. it happens within a split of a second and i am still flooring the pedal. then the boost reach 1.5 again, the engine cut again. when the boost come down to below 1.5 bar, the engine back to normal again.

after that i masuk 4th gear, i continue to floor the pedal. the engine is wworking properly now, the boost reaches 1.55 then drop and stable at 1.3 ~ 1.4. this is normal for my car.

the peak boost recorded at my defi is still 1.55bar ...

i am condsidering to install HKS FCD (Fuel Cut Deliminator), this one actually mainly designed for what purpose ? will it help ?

Last edited:
S9, i am using pivot speed V, installed few weeks back, tried once only reached 200km/h, never cut... but i seldom drive at that speed range and hang around 180~190km/h.. LOLzz

i let you know if i still kena cut.

why suddenly many 'cut' thingy happened???:hmmmm:

Becos yr car no 'cut' ma .... Your 'cut' only when your bini tarik yr. telinga becos drive too fast ... :adore::listen::biggrin:

****** Pls. see my signature for link to my storeroom clearance. New items added.*****

Last edited:
Stock ecu allow overboost of 3.2s, when you increase your boost above factory default... your load increase. You just need to get someone increase your load in boost limit table by remap your ecu. Pivot speedcut wont help.

In this case, if boosting is the problem check to see if u are having a boost controller ? get a boost controller, tune it n it should help to stablise boost.

H22-C,

i think i'm having the same prob as you bro
refer to this thread:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...owners-club/248231-fuel-cut-or-boost-cut.html

I got a feeling it could be fuel cut. Probably your fuel pump cannot supply enough fuel on high boost (1.55bar in your case)

the feeling is.. once the boost reaches 1.55bar, the car like "pull back" abit followed by a loud bang from the exhaust?

cow, so, did you solve it ?

for me, i did not head loud bang from the exhaust.
loud bang is un-burnt fuel coming out from the engine, and got burn in the exhaust.

probably the ecu ask the spark plug not to ignite. so the un-burnt fuel comes out from the engine. then, some how it burns in the exhaust.

my fuel pump is walbro one, i changed already.

Stock ecu allow overboost of 3.2s, when you increase your boost above factory default... your load increase. You just need to get someone increase your load in boost limit table by remap your ecu. Pivot speedcut wont help.

bro, what is "overboost of 3.2s" ? 3.2 bar ?
what is "load" ? who can remap ori ecu ?
thanx

DDgreystar ,
i do not have boost controller...

Last edited:
boost controller is a very essential item in our turbo cars, unless u do not push the car at all n do so call normal "go market" kind of short distance driving, otherwise, it is quite necessary to have 1; having boost controller helps to stablise your boost; another culprit could be the actuator, have a check on it. as for ecu, if it is really stock meaning no some other reflash or remaps done earlier on it, stock from manufacturer, then it should not be the cause of it.

bro, what is "overboost of 3.2s" ? 3.2 bar ?
what is "load" ? who can remap ori ecu ?
thanx

DDgreystar ,
i do not have boost controller...

Wah, no boost controller, u 'whack' your car 9 9 (kow-kow) ...... :adore::adore:

Sum more with speed-cut removed ... u risk serious mechanical damage bro ....

Like bro DD Greystar says, better do a small investment by getting a boost controller .... & then re-flashing your ECU .. (if u want to maintain your stock ECU). Otherwise get a stand-alone one.

Hope u solve your problem & enjoy yr ride!!

****** Pls. see my signature for link to my storeroom clearance. New items added. Brembos & APP for sale*****

cow, so, did you solve it ?

for me, i did not head loud bang from the exhaust.
loud bang is un-burnt fuel coming out from the engine, and got burn in the exhaust.

probably the ecu ask the spark plug not to ignite. so the un-burnt fuel comes out from the engine. then, some how it burns in the exhaust.

my fuel pump is walbro one, i changed already.

not solved yet bro, i dunno where to start..lol.

guys, what's a good boost controller to get? I know alot of ppl are using the HKS EVC, but expensive lerr....wut's another good alternative?

not solved yet bro, i dunno where to start..lol.

guys, what's a good boost controller to get? I know alot of ppl are using the HKS EVC, but expensive lerr....wut's another good alternative?
I think Trust or AVC-R ...

HKS EVC, Greddy profec B2, APexi AVCR....all r good stuff.....but bear in mind....buy gadget must get it set properly, n each gadget have their own operating characteristic ...in terms of how easy to use or how canggih it can be......dat can be very subjective......so far majority dat i know r on profec B2.....but many others also using HKS EVC....so it depends on yourself n BIG POINT is.....your tuner....a lot of ppl just buy, install it...setting it and tunning it is very important....paying a little bit more for good tuner to set it can easily even beating some half past 6 tuned standalone ecus or remap ecus....anyways its very subjective though ;)

boost controller is a very essential item in our turbo cars, unless u do not push the car at all n do so call normal "go market" kind of short distance driving, otherwise, it is quite necessary to have 1; having boost controller helps to stablise your boost; another culprit could be the actuator, have a check on it. as for ecu, if it is really stock meaning no some other reflash or remaps done earlier on it, stock from manufacturer, then it should not be the cause of it.

soory to celah.... hehehe
i want to ask if stock ecu can reflesh/tune/remap?
i new for thislah....