WtA: Timeng belt change on bt.

Ayobjuri

Sep 11, 2009
USJ
Guys;
i need a little bit information regarding
Timeng belt change.
Im using bt auto year 97. Now i need to change t/b.
Is it t/b for bt same. My friend told that
Tb siri is 13568-16030 and he using silver top.
Is it any part need to chang also like belt tensioner n oil seal.
Now alot of model coming what brand type ur preffer to me to buy?

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
i dont have the part number but all BT using similar belt. yes, it is recommended to change it together with tensioner and seal. in fact, tell your mechanic to check water pump also. forget about those fancy brands and get the ori part is enough for your engine to run another 80k without any issue.

tom 7544

2,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
IPOH
I prefer use original timing belt set... but the tensioner hard to get new1.. my forman tol me if got (ori) tensioner very expansive...

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
As I know, BT and SVT timing belt is different as it has different tooth. Maybe I'm wrong but previously bought SVT t/b for my BT and couldn't fit it due to SVT having extra tooth. As for the tensioner it is recommended to be changed, but check to see if the current one is leaking or not. If the current one is working fine and has sufficient tension, not necessary to replace as it it would cost RM130 per piece. Also, oil seals is a must and also check on the water pump as well. Not forgetting the fan belts as well. Preferably, get it done by mechanics whom are familiar with the 20V engine.

500 RPM
Jul 17, 2006
since we are on topic hehe... if i want to change to lighten crank pulley, the ori timing belt should be ok right?

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
As I know, BT and SVT timing belt is different as it has different tooth. Maybe I'm wrong but previously bought SVT t/b for my BT and couldn't fit it due to SVT having extra tooth. As for the tensioner it is recommended to be changed, but check to see if the current one is leaking or not. If the current one is working fine and has sufficient tension, not necessary to replace as it it would cost RM130 per piece. Also, oil seals is a must and also check on the water pump as well. Not forgetting the fan belts as well. Preferably, get it done by mechanics whom are familiar with the 20V engine.
you are right bro. my fren just bought a car with bt head and svt bottom. owner dint tell him about this and he bought bt t/b set. end up need to change again. as far i know, water pump also using different model.

bro 0501024
lighten pulley mold is exactly like ori pulley. there is no reason it cant fit rite?

Ayobjuri

Sep 11, 2009
USJ
I had check with supplier. Bt and SVt has different teeth. Bt got 110 and SVt 111.
Ori T/b 100km, belt tensioner KoyO brand, and 3 oil seal. cost around 280.
Regarding water pump.. what the item need to change if still good working?

Naim

Known Member
May 10, 2006
I had check with supplier. Bt and SVt has different teeth. Bt got 110 and SVt 111.
Ori T/b 100km, belt tensioner KoyO brand, and 3 oil seal. cost around 280.
Regarding water pump.. what the item need to change if still good working?

cost around rm280??? it is very cheaper..where spare part u get
?

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Belt tensioner for BT is different than SVT. Please take note. FYI, ori Toyota BT timing tensioner, the price is around RM130-180.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What different fibre n fibreglass ya??any sifu can tell me?? :biggrin:
n what is the material of fibre n fibreglassar?Thank you ya :tee:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience