[WTA] Does a mini turbo really saves fuel?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
350????? :biggrin:

i think they've missplaced a "dot" somewhere:biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
This is stupid... Another scam product... Tell me the science behind it...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Yes please explain to all of us here... I'm sure a lot of people want to know. How does it improve power and FC. What is the mechanism and the science.

Thank you.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Guys... Take a look at this advert... At first I believed it is bullshit because most of these small devices for adding power and saving fuel are bullshit.

But when I read the third point on the second photo attached, I can confirm 100% (If not I accident and die tomorrow) that it is bullshit. :stupid:

You guys tell me why :proud:

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Sorry forgot to attach the link here it is

<http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/366651-wts-add-power-2.html>

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Aiks... Cannot add link? Here...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/366651-wts-add-power-2.html

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
EEEEEISSH...seeing these products REALLY MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL.

Some of those selling snake oil are all profiting grossly from stupid ppl who buy them, and they often drive cars like WRX STis, Type Rs, so on. Cost price = $2-$10, but jual $200-$300.

These things happen when I was working as a writer for HOTstuff magazine. As you know, there are many so called "reviews" beside the advertisement for these snake oil products in the magazine.

They often showcase a dyno chart and how the product is so great, blah blah blah (often the dyno is faked one where the seller PAKAT with the dyno guy to jack up the figures)

And everytime I sneak a look into the product owner's car, they confirm don't have the thing in their own car. Obviously, they, and we know, that these things do not work, but rather, serve to prey on the minds of the naive.

The most ridiculous product I was "forced" to try on my old car by one of the mag's advertisers was this product that directs the cold air-con air into the air intake, hence, so call "promising cooler air into the engine and more power, more torque, save fuel, blah blah blah"...instead it DESTROYED my intake sensors.

Broquet was the other such product, amongst the many many other horrible snake oils that I was forced to put on my car as part of the review.

NONE worked. In fact, some served to make my engine run less smoothly than before.

The dunno what Mini turbo, Surbo (caused ALOT of engine problems in Singapore) and dunno what Add (should be MINUS) Power all is NO DIFFERENT. SORRY.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the flaws in the advertisement, and the tell-tale signs of the ridiculous claims going on, like bro Veloc has pointed out.

I'm going to go point by point based in the advert:

1- Claims to increase horsepower. HOW? By tapping into the ECU? guess not. By so call "reconditioning the battery" so MAYBE it will draw less power from the alternator and hence, the alternator will drain less of the engine? I doubt so. Switching your air-conditioner off works MUCH better.

2- SUBJECTIVE - if you install this product on 10 CARS and ALL TEN have the same battery in service after 3 years of PROPER product R&D, THEN maybe I will consider buying

3- WOW, so you are actually telling me that this product can PHYSICALLY CHANGE THE SIZE OF MY FINAL DRIVE gear so that the rpm is reduced? Sorry, the ONLY way your engine RPM will decrease given that your car is traveling at a CONSTANT VELOCITY is if you REDUCE OR ENLARGE your gearbox synchros or the final drive ratio. This is common sense - if you were pedaling on a bicycle, and you took steroids, are you going to tell me that you can pedal slower while going at the same speed as compared to before you took the steriods, provided you are in the EXACT SAME gear?

4- So you are claiming that no matter how RABAK or HANCUR or JIALAT or BADLY WORN the battery is, you can actually restore it to brand new condition, ie. the actual LEAD RODS inside the battery will magically GROW again? That's as ridiculous as telling me that the foreskin on my gentlemen's part will grow back after I kena sunat (circumcision) just because I inserted an electrically charged product into my arse.

5- Even I get MORE variations in my fuel consumption without any bullshit products. I refuel once every 3 days (40L) and I can tell you I either average 9 km/l with my Lancer 4G93T OR 11 km/l DEPENDING on how I drive and I am actually talking about the SAME ROUTES..that takes into account a 120KM DIFFERENCE ALONE based on driving habit. You are telling me that you can actually PROVE your product adds or makes up the difference alone? Cmon man..who are you kidding?

6- OH MY GOD..I didn't know my injectors had TIME GAPS in between the opening and closing of their pintle caps. Like that, all the EFI engines in the world will BLOW sky high because of fuel starvation lah, am I right? I'm not an expert at this la, and I know injectors will obviously have their time-break in between firing sequences but I'm sure this is not what the advertisement insinuates in the first place. Btw, if this were really true, and i'm no tuning expert, have you bolted on this product to an actual CAR, AND a laptop to that same car with let's say, a Haltech aftermarket ECU in order to determine the so called opening and closing time gap of the injectors? Ths is assuming one can even check in the first place, and I don't know much about tuning so I can't say for sure.

7- Did you actually measure the brightness of your headlights before and after instead of just claiming it or posting meaningless/proof-less pictures? Where's the photo of the light meter as well? But even then, how do we know that these figures aren't doctored?

8- Yet another bold claim with no grounds. Self explanatory as in point 2.

btw, you want a long lasting battery? Try Optima deep cycle batts for car audio, or Amaron (lasted me 3 1/2 years over 90,000km+) or just stick to the cheap lead-acid water filled battery. Dirt cheap, and if you rajin top-up water, 1 year also won't KONG...lol

-----------------

PS. Dear advertiser. Why am I being so harsh with my words? That's because if you were to market your product as a battery conditioner or voltage stabilizer, we can still close one eye and accept it. However, the physical size of your product is so small that you can't even fit capacitors inside. And then, you make all sorts of wild claims and try to convince us with NO proper proof of R&D. That's scamming innocent pple like Makciks and Aunties from kampungs or who are less-informed about cars, into buying snake oil like this.

Please do us all a favour - take a step back and a deep breath, and then examine your product from a third party's point of view and see whether what I'm trying to say makes sense or not. I'm sure you're a nice person and all, but you've just been duped into believing that this product actually WORKS when it doesn't. And i'm sure there are 100000 forummers here who can echo my opinion. Lastly, I apologise if this has offended you in any way. I'm attacking the product. Not the person.

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bro nikolaiski... Really thank you for pointing out one by one... I just got so lazy to explain it. That's why I asked friends to just ponder upon point 3. It's the most ridiculous. Maybe if that conman didn't type that, he might just fool more people... He said he is willing to explain the science behind it. But until now not even one fart sound... Let's see whether he answer or not... This guys is just showing off his ignorance man...:stupid:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Just a simple DIY on how to replace this oil seal (for 4G93T engine). Its location is shown below.

Figure 1 : All the components. [1] Oil Filter, [6] 24mm Nut, [7] Oil Cooler, [N] Oil Seal to be replaced

Things you need :
1) All basic tools (oil filter remover, pliers, etc)
2) 24mm ratchet socket (a deep one)
3)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience