WISE stil production???

siauann

Known Member
wat i knw is tat wira special edition is stil on production..i tot gen2 is the wira replacement model? how come wira stil on production?..anyway..i jz wanna knw wat u guys thk of ths car? i plan to get 1.5 manual..(kenot wait for myvi..waiting list so damn long..) heard tat wise fc is high?..hw true is ths?..any1 here drive wise?.. hws the fc?? thx..:biggrin:

Wira not in production anymore. What u see is leftover stock left to rot outside Proton Edar. Once rot, they recycle the cars and call it Special Edition.

Wira is not a bad car. I think its still under production even WRM is out. I drove 1.5 auto SE before, FC quite ok. Manual should be better.

if u wanan get a WiSe please get manual...
if auto you will sure regret like me...
and manual WiSe inside looks sporty compared to the auto which is
same like older cars..

From what I know, The Special Edition (NOT to be confused with the SUPERB '95-'97 C99 LE) was meant to be produced for only 10000 units, with the first 6500 units equipped with leftovers from C98/C99 Wira parts e.g. rear disks, ARB, unit number like 67 of 10000, etc. All obviously comes with manual transmission.

After that, there was a CE (collector's edition), or the Auto version, with slight redressing of fabrics, etc. Nothing to shout about.

Beyond that, are just SE-dressed C97 Wiras leftovers, IMHO. Both in Manual and Auto form.
The term SE is the most overused phrase by Proton, anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong. WiSE club should know more details about this.

darahhitam said:
From what I know, The Special Edition (NOT to be confused with the SUPERB '95-'97 C99 LE) was meant to be produced for only 10000 units, with the first 6500 units equipped with leftovers from C98/C99 Wira parts e.g. rear disks, ARB, unit number like 67 of 10000, etc. All obviously comes with manual transmission.

After that, there was a CE (collector's edition), or the Auto version, with slight redressing of fabrics, etc. Nothing to shout about.

Beyond that, are just SE-dressed C97 Wiras leftovers, IMHO. Both in Manual and Auto form.
The term SE is the most overused phrase by Proton, anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong. WiSE club should know more details about this.

see ur statement making my eyes blur......wat is IMHO?

i own a wise,proton say they will only produce 10,000 unit when i bought it but because the car is very "laku" so they still produce the wise lorr,btw only 6000 plus wise are equipped with 4 disc brake and i happened to be the lucky one hehehehehe

stalkerrox said:
if u wanan get a WiSe please get manual...
if auto you will sure regret like me...
and manual WiSe inside looks sporty compared to the auto which is
same like older cars..

y regret?..anyway..hws the auto fc?..as for me i'll b getting manual car..hehe

heytangbah said:
i own a wise,proton say they will only produce 10,000 unit when i bought it but because the car is very "laku" so they still produce the wise lorr,btw only 6000 plus wise are equipped with 4 disc brake and i happened to be the lucky one hehehehehe

tats mean nw thy stil produce wise?? so hws ur wise manual fc?.. means tat nw wise no more 4 disc brake??

siauann said:
y regret?..anyway..hws the auto fc?..as for me i'll b getting manual car..hehe

cuz interior so louya one... same like normal wira...
auto 3 gears 120 KM/H @ 4k Rpm
FC for me is quite ok..
i get around 400-430km on full tank rm 65

siauann said:
wat i knw is tat wira special edition is stil on production..i tot gen2 is the wira replacement model? how come wira stil on production?..anyway..i jz wanna knw wat u guys thk of ths car? i plan to get 1.5 manual..(kenot wait for myvi..waiting list so damn long..) heard tat wise fc is high?..hw true is ths?..any1 here drive wise?.. hws the fc?? thx..:biggrin:

hey bro,
I drive a WiSE and i think that its a pretty good car. Fuel consumption is pretty good. At the present fuel prices, I can get RM 12 - 13 for a trip from KL-Seremban-KL at speeds not exceeding 110km/h.

The WiSE manual comes equipped with a 4-2-1 extractors, 16" wheels with 45 Series tyres. The manual version's interior is black with the a red strip on the center of the seats, read gear console and red speedometer with white numerals.

The suspension and handling is much better than the stock wira.

Other than tat, the car has got a really nice sound when turned on. And a definitely nicer sound when you step on the acclerator. :)

However, comparing the maual and the auto version. The auto has rather high fuel consumption due to the 3 speed auto gearbox and the rather heavy 16 inch wheels. Interior for the auto is stock standard wira.

Oh, forgot to add, the manual version comes with an anti roll bar fitted as standard. I'm not too sure if they are producing any more of the WiSE or not.

The only downside, is that the rear brakes are drum. But this is a small issue as a complete set for the front and rear disk brake can be obtained from any potong kereta shop.

Other than tat, maintenance, is simple, cheap and easy to do.

Hope this post help in your decision making process. Do come on over to the WiSE Auto Club forum. Lots of sifus there. Cheers.

Scorceror said:
hey bro,
I drive a WiSE and i think that its a pretty good car. Fuel consumption is pretty good. At the present fuel prices, I can get RM 12 - 13 for a trip from KL-Seremban-KL at speeds not exceeding 110km/h.

The WiSE manual comes equipped with a 4-2-1 extractors, 16" wheels with 45 Series tyres. The manual version's interior is black with the a red strip on the center of the seats, read gear console and red speedometer with white numerals.

The suspension and handling is much better than the stock wira.

Other than tat, the car has got a really nice sound when turned on. And a definitely nicer sound when you step on the acclerator. :)

However, comparing the maual and the auto version. The auto has rather high fuel consumption due to the 3 speed auto gearbox and the rather heavy 16 inch wheels. Interior for the auto is stock standard wira.

Oh, forgot to add, the manual version comes with an anti roll bar fitted as standard. I'm not too sure if they are producing any more of the WiSE or not.

The only downside, is that the rear brakes are drum. But this is a small issue as a complete set for the front and rear disk brake can be obtained from any potong kereta shop.

Other than tat, maintenance, is simple, cheap and easy to do.

Hope this post help in your decision making process. Do come on over to the WiSE Auto Club forum. Lots of sifus there. Cheers.

thx for ur cool opinion..hehe..anyway..whr can i visit the wise club forum?..