Wira Fuel Pump Problem

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
My fuel pump for '02 Wira 1.5 injection has failed me yesterday. The car wont start and there is weird noise coming out from back of the car seat. i called my friend, he say should be fuel pump failure.

My question is, can stock std wira uses Evo 4WD fuel tank? need to go any tuning or adjustment?
As evo is 2.0 while my wira is only 1.5. will change the fuel tank to Evo fuel tank causes too rich fuel being drawn and pump to the engine? :confused:

If i were to change only the fuel pump, can it be change by just open up the rear seat? or need to take the entire fuel tank from below car? as my car is parked at home rite now, i cant start up and drive to workshop, i would need to drive a mech to my house to repair it there.
:hmmmm:
Need all the sifu here to help to enlighten my. Thank you.. :adore::adore::adore::adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
evo 4wd tank can plug n play....but not sure about tuning...maybe need adjustable fuel regulator?

if only change fuel pump it is possible to remove from rear seat....it got cover can be opened.....

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
but other guy told me..gotto take down whole tank to change the pump Wira rear seat dont have hole one wor..

the 4wd tank might kena exhaust piping (FYI i m using original exhaust route).

not sure about the tuning..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
not sure wira....coz satria got hole...as far as i remember...but if kena bring down tank i tink not big issue...just a bit leceh la to jack up the car high....

your home mech. have the hydraulic jack or not?

4wd tank i oso not familiar....might kena or might not with really tight clearance :adore:

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
since my car cant drive to workshop..i guess i have no choice but to go bring the mech from shop to my house to repair it..he should have the jack, worst case, use spare tyre jack lo..haha..

I m just wondering should i buy the fuel pump or buy 4wd tank for him to install. i would prefer 4wd tank..but worry cannot clear the piping only. later cannot instal due to piping block..den it would be a headache.. How to drive to shop modified piping while fuel tank cannot install..haha

Any idea which fuel pump brand is reliable and reasonable price?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Walbro :biggrin:

The fuel pump for the Wira is damn long lasting, how old is your car man? Surprised yours broke down that easily.

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
Walbro :biggrin:

The fuel pump for the Wira is damn long lasting, how old is your car man? Surprised yours broke down that easily.
My car is about 10 years old alreadi. But since this is the 1st time fuel pump fail...so i kinda caught by surprise and dont have much info in changing fuel pump. :confused:

Maybe its a signal the car give me to go take a walk at halfcut shop and look for new heart alreadi..:rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
maybe u can try remove your rear seat DIY then see if got lubang for pump change or not...

yours wira sedan or aeroback??

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think you need to go under the car to access the fuel tank and if not mistaken, the fuel pump is inside the tank

ruckboyz_85

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
just buy bosch fuel pump...cheap and reliable..there are also denso brand sold in the spare parts shop.but the price a little bit higher..u can buy from halfcut also, but there is a big risk for failure..for change evo 4WD tank, u need to bring down stock wira tank..u also need to swap stock wira tank socket to evo tank socket as evo have 2 extra wire for rear ABS sensor..stock evo fuel pump if im not mistaken 160 lph..no need to change walbro if u are using stock engine..walbro pump will produce winging sound like bees at rear..here link for ZTH member that selling bosch stuff http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ump-for-wira-perdana-gen-2-satria-neo-14.html ..and this is the picture for the bosch pump http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ump-for-wira-perdana-gen-2-satria-neo-14.html ...correct me if im wrong

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
Thanks for the all info given. It helps alot. :adore:

I have changed the fuel pump yesterday. 9 out of 10 mech says must tow my car to their shop to change the pump :hmmmm: . But i feel like its not efficiency to pay this extra towing cost (RM70-100) :mad: . While the material & labour cost is around RM220.

In the end i found a malay mech at kampung area who says can change at my home with labour cost of RM60 only (even cheaper than towing). :biggrin:

I bought the fuel pump myself at sparepart shop (Denso Japan) cost me RM135.

The price for Bosch is RM85. But i kinda worry it is imitation or local made as the price is so far difference compare to Denso.

In the end...pay RM60 + RM135 = RM195 (even cheaper than the price quoted outside and without towing cost).

This is one of the reason why i didnt opt for 4wd tank..change fuel pump cheaper and less hassle.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

maybe u can try remove your rear seat DIY then see if got lubang for pump change or not...

yours wira sedan or aeroback??

Mine is sedan. By the way, juz to share the info i got from the mech, In proton, only Waja can change fuel pump from taking out the rear seat. The rest of them must take down the tank from under carriage.

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
y not u diy change it yourself...at least u get hands on experience.
Danz.. when comes to DIY..i m totally K.O. I cant even DIY change a light bulb. Lagi lagi la..fuel pump. Its not easy at all..

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Quite difficult to DIY..anyway, i respect to that Malay foreman..is he doing alone?
Yea... he comes alone. 40-50yrs old man. I salute to him too.
Most of the mech is looking for convenient/easy way out by asking me to tow my car to their shop.

But this guy is so helpful comes all the way (by the way..his workshop to my house is around 50KM distance) to change it for me with minimum charges.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
it could be quite difficult...or u could ask yr pomen to guide u.....& u pay him half the costs ....otherwise ask Izso to create a thread on how to change fuel pump...:biggrin:

Nov 20, 2011
johanesburg
Abl inports south africa sucks don't take ur car there all u gonna. Get is just a load of bull shit even if u have payed them these ppl don't deliver plz don't make the same mistake I did. These ppl are realy not gud 2 there customers and I can stand behind all of theese words big up ppl making the bad ppl known its not nice but its the truth thanx ppl

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Forbes has named the 10 most sexiest cars in the world in the year of 2007:

Sexiest Car for Hip-Hop Moguls: Rolls-Royce Phantom
Sexiest Car for Hollywood Agents: Lexus LS Hybrid
Sexiest Car for Miami Beach Plastic Surgeons: Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster
Sexiest Car for Mobsters: Cadillac Escalade & EXT
Sexiest Car for Newly Divorced Dads: Chevrolet Corvette Convertible...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience