Wira 4G15 SOHC mods.

AmYazid

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
hello guys,

i know what the pros gonna say bout this thread..

but hey, rather then reading bout it.. why not we debate or discuss about it..

would love to get feedbacks from sifus and owner of this 4G15 SOHC.

things that i got in mind to do with my wira;

1) already installed 4-2-1 , and loving the sound :P

2) change the steering rack, leaking already.. not exactly a mods but needs to be done.

3) any suggestion on cam pulley? i heard its easier to play around using cam pulley using single cam?

4) how bout my clutch plates? can i upgrade it to 1.8 clutch sets?

5) will update more :)

need yours suggestion, what is my aim u ask a better drive can take over a few standard car will be fine :)

mizi0604

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
hello guys,

i know what the pros gonna say bout this thread..

but hey, rather then reading bout it.. why not we debate or discuss about it..

would love to get feedbacks from sifus and owner of this 4G15 SOHC.

things that i got in mind to do with my wira;

1) already installed 4-2-1 , and loving the sound :P

2) change the steering rack, leaking already.. not exactly a mods but needs to be done.

3) any suggestion on cam pulley? i heard its easier to play around using cam pulley using single cam?

4) how bout my clutch plates? can i upgrade it to 1.8 clutch sets?

5) will update more :)

need yours suggestion, what is my aim u ask a better drive can take over a few standard car will be fine :)

try change ur air filter also...either open pod or aftermarket drop-in will be good for your response..if you install campulley,you can play with low-rev or high-rev...retard it for better high-rev response, and advance it if you want low-rev response more than standard campulley.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you have the time, join the 4G1Series forum created by our venerable Unker Fred. The forum has a lot of modded out 4G1x cars and what you can mod really depends on how much money you're willing to spend.

Stroker kit will have the most impact on your car.

AmYazid

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
try change ur air filter also...either open pod or aftermarket drop-in will be good for your response..if you install campulley,you can play with low-rev or high-rev...retard it for better high-rev response, and advance it if you want low-rev response more than standard campulley.

air filter u mean the KN filters?

as im on carb engine will that give impact?

how much $$ are we talking about on spending on the filters?

ty in advance

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

If you have the time, join the 4G1Series forum created by our venerable Unker Fred. The forum has a lot of modded out 4G1x cars and what you can mod really depends on how much money you're willing to spend.

Stroker kit will have the most impact on your car.

will look in the forum A.S.A.P

thanks!

yeah ive heard bout stroker kits, can push 4g15 up to 1.7ish cc right?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
1.7 litre la.. not CC.. 1.7cc is veryyyyyyyyyyyy small. :D

1700cc yes la. But to stroke up to that capacity needs a lot of considerations and ultra strong liners, different crankshaft, piston and conrods, etc. Normally we push it to slightly over 1600cc only.

Unker Fred = fstrader btw. Big time carbie / Proton Wira + Satria sifu. The only 3-speed auto to participate in GRA and win a few times.

AmYazid

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008

1700cc yes la. But to stroke up to that capacity needs a lot of considerations and ultra strong liners, different crankshaft, piston and conrods, etc. Normally we push it to slightly over 1600cc only.

Unker Fred = fstrader btw. Big time carbie / Proton Wira + Satria sifu. The only 3-speed auto to participate in GRA and win a few times.

1.7 l la i mean :P:star:

1.6 is nice already!

already registered with the forum, lots of nice info there!

ty mate

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

bro been searching where is this EA Guan shop located. can u help me? maybe can ask him a few question :driver:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert

few times only, nothing to brag about :thefinger:

AmYazid

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
few times only, nothing to brag about :thefinger:

boss!
winning i something to brag about :P

im using carbie, will it be good to use open port air filter or the drop in air filter?

can it even be used? :idea:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

anyone has any idea the exact rating (in litres per hour) the evo3 fuel pump is?

Is it very subceptible to over heating after constant rounds of WOT? Cause mine just burned dead and car has to be towed.

May I know also whats the rating for a typical galant fuel pump? Are they the same?

Last but not least, this Walbro 255l fuel pump any specific one to buy if I were to replace? Cause I heard there are lots of version for this walbro 255 and only a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience