Wira 1.5 4G15 Exhaust Piping

freshbatman

Aug 16, 2006
Dear friends,

I owned 2005 Wira sedan,1.5GLi Auto.
Last year,i did convert my gear box to 1.5 manual transmission gear box + 1.6 clutch plate.
Now,i'm thinking for the piping modification.
I heard so many idea's from so many people.Some say,just go for 4-2-1 extractor only.Some say put 2 bullet,get off the catcon.Some say get off the muffler,do straight piping to the end.

I'm clueless rite now.

As Z2H has experts on mod,could u guys recommend me the best way of exhaust mod for my car,in order to get extra power,plus standard fuel consumption(if possible)...?
I need both pick-up and power,coz i don't want to lose any of that.

And,please recommend the worksyop for good exhaust piping job.
FYI,im staying in Penang.

Thanx in advance.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
not kira expert la....but just my 2 sen

if urs is a Wira SE then stick with ur original 4-2-1 which is mandrel-bent

as for piping, just go for a 1.7 to 1.8 inch from front to back (going slitely larger brings the powerband in later, better breathing up top at the sacrifice of the bottom and vice versa)

dont have to put any bullets

have it go straight through the back, so get a straight flow exhaust tong, preferably with as large a tong as u can get for more noise suppression without losing any flow

if u wanna suppress more of the sound, put a tong in the middle, but get a straight through one, not the swirling type

Cheers!

PEK3442

Known Member
Jan 9, 2006
if Auto..better use S-flow mufler...
other its ok..4-2-1..1.6" to 1.8" piping follow the 'longkang' and 1 bullet.
Penang have a lot 'kedai ekzos'
PM me if U wan to know..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
if Auto..better use S-flow mufler...
other its ok..4-2-1..1.6" to 1.8" piping follow the 'longkang' and 1 bullet.
Penang have a lot 'kedai ekzos'
PM me if U wan to know..
our brader using manual trans edi

eh threadstarter gone haha

4gManiaC

Jan 12, 2009
4-2-1 extractor,2" piping,1 centre bullet,straight piping(but sure not pass jpj),better goes for original route

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
On the side topic, what are the difference between these 3 types of bullet?
1. Swirling type
2. "Valve type"
3. Straight through

The most common one that i can see around is the swirling type....
But from my opinion, if the air really does swirl through the bullet, wouldnt it be travelling in a longer distance comparing to taking a "straight" route?

And there's bullets with "valves", dunno wats the correct term for this but you can see humps coming out from the edge of the circle when you see through the center hole.... at first looks like more restriction, but on second thought, maybe it will bump up the velocity of the exitting gas?
:idea:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
4-2-1 extractor,2" piping,1 centre bullet,straight piping(but sure not pass jpj),better goes for original route
Powerzone did dyno their maxed out 4g15 NA iswara, and with 2 inch piping, it lost a coupla hps as compared to with a 1.7-1.8 inch piping

im guessing a 4g15 with specs for drag racing, meaning effective at only mid-high rpm would benefit from a 2 inch piping setup

On the side topic, what are the difference between these 3 types of bullet?
1. Swirling type
2. "Valve type"
3. Straight through

The most common one that i can see around is the swirling type....
But from my opinion, if the air really does swirl through the bullet, wouldnt it be travelling in a longer distance comparing to taking a "straight" route?

And there's bullets with "valves", dunno wats the correct term for this but you can see humps coming out from the edge of the circle when you see through the center hole.... at first looks like more restriction, but on second thought, maybe it will bump up the velocity of the exitting gas?
:idea:
the smoother, the easier the gasses flow out, the better it is, provided u have the right piping size

u wont see a jap aftermarket exhaust system with a swirling bullet, neva seen one

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Powerzone did dyno their maxed out 4g15 NA iswara, and with 2 inch piping, it lost a coupla hps as compared to with a 1.7-1.8 inch piping

im guessing a 4g15 with specs for drag racing, meaning effective at only mid-high rpm would benefit from a 2 inch piping setup

the smoother, the easier the gasses flow out, the better it is, provided u have the right piping size

u wont see a jap aftermarket exhaust system with a swirling bullet, neva seen one
So , the best is straight through?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
just based on what i noe so far la, the straighter, smoother it is...the better

Last edited:

4gManiaC

Jan 12, 2009
Bump:

owh,really??if that's the case go for 1.7"/1.8" only..thx for sharing..

by the way i think swirling types of centre bullet gives slightly more high power as it compress the exhaust flow..

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
owh,really??if that's the case go for 1.7"/1.8" only..thx for sharing..

by the way i think swirling types of centre bullet gives slightly more high power as it compress the exhaust flow..
why wanna compress the exhaust flow??... jz let it flow smoothly out lo...

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006

I dont think u r entirely correct..

You need some restriction in the exhaust to build up compression in the chamber for NA cars, but it has to be at proper timing, that's why S flow exhaust give more HP for NA/auto. For turbo charged u always need bigger piping & straight flow..

S flow will helps to gain top speed and fuel efficiency.. but at expense of low power band and torque..

for your info : HKS also produce Hi power S-flow pipe.. cheers..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
I dont think u r entirely correct..

You need some restriction in the exhaust to build up compression in the chamber for NA cars, but it has to be at proper timing, that's why S flow exhaust give more HP for NA/auto. For turbo charged u always need bigger piping & straight flow..

S flow will helps to gain top speed and fuel efficiency.. but at expense of low power band and torque..

for your info : HKS also produce Hi power S-flow pipe.. cheers..
sorry to interupt... u arent entirely correct as well...

yes, some restriction is needed for NA cars... without it, u will feel emptiness in lower revs without much moving torque... u'll only notice revs climb fast but not ur speed....

this is true especially for auto tranny because u cant choose exactly which rpm to shift up... means u will suffer from bad low end torque with constant revving but speed maintain low...

turbo charge cars do in fact has limitation in exhaust piping... this affects the turbo lag and how fast the turbine spools up...

for cars running around street, abit smaller piping with useful exhaust gas restriction helps the car to pickup speed at low rpm...

for drag/track cars running high rpm all the time, smoother exhaust flow allows exhaust gas exits as fast as possible....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,greetings,I have some questions about coilovers,I was about to change my standard shock to TEIN HA coilovers,Then i test ride on my friend cars with TEIN also,driving performance are smooth while taking curved but,when it come to coarse road,the ride become very harsh,I want to balance beetween comfort ride and lowered car,Is it advisable to use coilover on malaysian road,I live in kl.My ride have 40 profile tyre.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience