Why need to Engage Neutral Gear to Start an Auto Car.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

dr.who

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
Hello everyone,

Need advice from anyone who has experience this.

It's quite an old car, I've an experience when I try start the car when it's in P gear but can't be started. Even though try lots of times.

But when engage to N gear the car able to start.

This happens sometimes when the car stopped for quite sometime.

Pls advice what is the problem.

TQ.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Find a wireman to check it..
Might be the relay (dun knoe the name) kong liao...
The thing (or relay la) I dun knoe the actual name that make it can not start...
Good Luck..

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Yeah, my bro's Vitara kena before. Have to push to P and N then P and N then try your luck only can start. Fixing some wiring (mechanic did it though) fixed the issue once and for all!

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Agree, something fishy with the wirings. :biggrin:

I drove my car for wiring after manual to auto conversion, it can start at any position. Start at D is like starting your car at first gear. :rofl:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
normally, problems with this lies at the Neutral Start Switch. also known as Prihibitor Switch because it prohibits any start other than N or P. its located at the end of your gear link cable - that actuates the linkage into your auto tranny.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For all the noble intentions housed by the boffins at Honda by creating the CR-Z as a spiritual successor to the nippy CR-X, sometimes the thought alone just won’t cut it. While the CR-Z does possess a respectable amount of handling to back up the less-than-stellar performance, by far it has fallen quite a distance from the goal.

The decent...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience