Why 2006 Civic got so many variant?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
I am puzzled as to why Honda will make a few variant of the same car for different regions? Also why not offer all variant to the consumer? I heard we are only getting the Asian version.

Which version do you like?

Asia

Euro

America

Modded Concept

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
i;m feeling teh asian ones too..probably we're getting it fromthailand

hehehe

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Very very likely we'll be getting the Asia/Thailand one. In fact it looks a little different from the picture above. The actual headlights look a bit like our very own Gen2 headlights. But i don't know why this version on top is rather straight and boxy as compared to the actual curvy headlights(Gen 2 style).

If you ask me, i think the US Civic looks hot. In fact its already been launched and apparently its called the 2006 Civic Si.

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Yup, the US Civic SI Coupe rocks! Saw it last being given away to the 3 finalist of the INXS: Rockstar reality tv programme.

Getz

Known Member
Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
InitialD said:
I am puzzled as to why Honda will make a few variant of the same car for different regions? Also why not offer all variant to the consumer? I heard we are only getting the Asian version.

Euro
Turbocharged diesel @ 140 hp.

Excalibur

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
NoWay2Run
Visit site
InitialD said:

Which version do you like?

Asia
Asia??? Why i never seen this b4??:secret: .. too out dated:confused_smile:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
You guys have answered the question yourselves. You all prefer the conventional sedan form rather than the European preferred hatchback form.

Manufacturers build cars to cater to differing tastes. Like how Americans like all their cars really BIG. That's why modern cars are getting bigger and bigger. Because burger munching Americans are getting bigger as well.

For Japanese manufacturers, the big market is America and Europe. So usually they'll have 2 variants tailor made to suit the target market's taste. Over here in Malaysia, we usually get one of the 2 abovementioned models depending on what they think will suit us more.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
What made you say that? Maybe we are now beginnng adopting European taste but traditionally we have always favour saloons over hatchbacks. A good example is the Ford Focus, which is sold as a hatchback in most places but for this region where a saloon (sedan) version is created. Same with the City/Jazz case.

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
honda engineers have good foresight and vision.....

they know that the civics have good "scrap value", whole world is looking for civic EG, EK half cuts now even though they already "cut" and scrap the car in japan, so now they make more facelift so that in 10-15 years time when kids of our generation are looking for half cut for their civics, they have more choice..... hehehehee.... "see, i convert to Euro look" ...another guy will be "i got america look" .... :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am also assistung my pal in doing a custom muffler for his Gilera Nexus 500 sport scooter. I bought him his current muffler ( GPR Italy, carbon - look muffler ) December last year, and until now, the perforated inner muffler tubing has cracked twice and the muffler packing have been replaced THRICE!!! He is obviously not happy with the durability of the muffler, and after some talk, we have decided to go the custom route. I have gone thru a few 'famous' local exhaust shops, and they are...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience