Which boost gauge is the most accurate?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Battousai

500 RPM
Like the topic says. Feedback please :)

All branded japan meter r accurate...apexi,blitz,tomei,hks,pivot......etc

taiwan can try autogauge...accurate as well but market price is low la..dunnno y....see lot of magazines....most cars use autogauge(taiwan magazines la)

a lot of car uses autogauge/swoosh becos its cheap.....
not many uses japan brand(HKS,Apexi,DEFI etc) becos they're expensive.....
accuracy wise.... i think not much different la....even my Apexi boost meter also not really accurate.... but one thing for sure, cheap brand doesnt last long.... cepat rosak la...and the needle not really stable....
and some people confuse between auto"gauge"(taiwan) and auto"meter"(U.S)...cos the logo are somewhat similar

stroker_kit said:
a lot of car uses autogauge/swoosh becos its cheap.....
not many uses japan brand(HKS,Apexi,DEFI etc) becos they're expensive.....
accuracy wise.... i think not much different la....even my Apexi boost meter also not really accurate.... but one thing for sure, cheap brand doesnt last long.... cepat rosak la...and the needle not really stable....
and some people confuse between auto"gauge"(taiwan) and auto"meter"(U.S)...cos the logo are somewhat similar

yea....

Auto Gauge and Auto Meter..dun confuse......

Stroker kit: yeah, i've noticed that apexi gauges aren't very accurate.

I believe the benchmark on accuracy and responsiveness for gauges are electronic step motor-ed gauges like PIVOT and BLITZ.

Mechanical gauges which utlizes expansion coils need to be recalibrated.

Unfortunately recalibration is not available locally.

exactly.... noticed a lot buying mechanical... those claimed is not so accurate even is a branded stuff....

Personally I would go for AutoMeter products...
The Japanese mechanical meter's do tend to fluctuate abit...
Electronic ones I'm not too sure cause I can't afford them...

What about the BLITZ DUAL Turbo Timer with BOOST reading ???
Anyone ????

It's difficult to read digital boost when on the fly. A meter is always best.

from what i know anything mechanical is 80-90% accurate. digital one's are they way to go. cuz i have 2 side by side mechanical&digital and i allways trust the digital one. mechanical allways looses its accuracy after a year or so. but they are allways digital boost gauges like the pivot & blitz step motor thingie. super expensive thoe.

for me Defi meter(digital) is the best. however the price is damn high.
but it's wort to buy. but beware to park ur car.
the cap ayam brand meter not really accurate.
but maybe u can try Swoosh or BF brand.. looks nice and kira okla.

DEFI are electronic meters right?? if so, that doesnt mean that DEFI are the most accurate... i think the price is high becos of the display only... different than others, not becos of its the most accurate among other brands..
any meters also not 100% accurate la...
secondly, some electrical meter take signals from ECU, which depends on ur engine stock sensors...
so how can u tell how accurate ur meters are if u dont have any benchmark to compare it with??
majority of all the meters out there should give an average reading... but if all meters give a reading of an average 1bar, then suddenly 1 meter shows 0.7 bar, for sure u know that meter not accurate la...
at least, thats how i see it...

yea Defi is electroni meter.
it is not 100% accurate but compare to ciken brand the reading is slightly differ.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom