What's the grippiest tyre?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Its not available commercially from Michelin (BFgoodrich distributor) in Malaysia.
I've looked for a lot of tires with fantastic grip and none of the Bfgoodrich tires available locally up to my expectation.
The current top line Bfgoodrich in Malaysia is gForce Profiler
Only in the US to they have to extreme Bfgoodrich models.
Of course if you got a lot of money anything goes.

Most drag tires are used stuff they use during the drag battles. If you frequent such places, I'm sure you can get good contacts

However you can try the market place:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/chassis-and-wheels/292857-mickeythomson-drag-tyre.html

Prepare a lot of money.
TQ bro.. do u know price for 225/50/15 MT tyre?

azbro

Known Member
Sep 21, 2008
TQ bro.. do u know price for 225/50/15 MT tyre?
I really dunno and not interested in drag...I'm more into cornering...anyway, probably i go visit his shop to see other tires and stuff...fascination...did you see the video clip of the 300hp Honda Civic those guys made...awesome..

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Source: Kumho Ecsta XS (KU36 Tires - Tire Size & Price Details - 1010tires.com)

Designed for SCCA racing that demands high Uniform Tire Quality Grades, this incredible tire delivers unrivaled dry grip with split-second steering response, and its unique footprint is designed to deliver consistent handling performance at high G-forces.

Features:

• Low void asymmetric tread pattern with circumferential grooving for high cornering grip.
  • Ultra fine carbon black compounding for maximum traction.
  • Ultra wide tread contact with highly rounded shoulders for optimized footprint shape during high lateral loads.
  • Developed for quick autocross warm-up while maintaining race track durability.
  • With a Y speed rating, the tire delivers an optimum run temperature of 205 degrees Fahrenheit.

Overall rating = 4.9 out of 5

Last edited:

Harv

Known Member
Nov 15, 2008
The price almost same wit AD07??:hmmmm:
good luck in searching it .. I tried out the whole klang valley just to replace 1 unit .. no body keeps stock . .all waiting the arrival of the AD08 .

azbro

Known Member
Sep 21, 2008
man...I hit a red brick laying on the road with my AD07 while cornering hard...it was early morning windscreen was flogged..couldn't see it until very close...good news is I'm still alive...bad news is the AD07 survived it but has a huge bulge at the side...I'm using the tires for the rears now but sadly, its a goner cause it doesn't feel good at cornering at all.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
man...I hit a red brick laying on the road with my AD07 while cornering hard...it was early morning windscreen was flogged..couldn't see it until very close...good news is I'm still alive...bad news is the AD07 survived it but has a huge bulge at the side...I'm using the tires for the rears now but sadly, its a goner cause it doesn't feel good at cornering at all.
shyttt...sorry to hear dat bro...haihss...it couldnt at least have waited till 08 come out right...bad luck

eejart

Known Member
Feb 2, 2006
How did your car survive this? This happened to me while I was on Falken Azenis fronts, imagine it's the left tire, I'm taking a left sweep and the brick was "flung" upwards toward the right ngam ngam hitting my front sway bar permanently damaging it. AND the tire gave way shortly after..

Look on the bright side :biggrin:

ps: are you the same azbro from MyPDACafe ka?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

German tuner MTM is known for its high powered mean looking Euro machines and has been at it again. This time they got a hold of the new Audi RS5, sprinkled a bit of tuning dust and ended up with this mean red 300km/h machine.

However, instead of taking the entire car apart and reworking it like most...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience