what to do after kaboom?? opinion here

tom's

2,000 RPM
engine already kong..... what will u do if u r in my shoe........ i really need to think for long term and also wallet............ engine kosong is not my type coz u never know how long it gonna last......... what to do leh???!!!??????? let me hear your idea and i'mm think of my own idea and shares it with you guys later on.......

if me.. sure got reason to upgrade to a better engine. But since you are into NA, and yet the current engine is somewhat top of the world liao.. BT 6sp etc etc.. hmm i think you can only repair the current damages. After repair.. sell it.. get a new car.

My opinion

1) lucky you have spare head, so swap all the valves and whatever in it as required.
2) find single piece piston (lowest cost)
3) if previously did not change rings, change it all now. Only RM95 for the full set. Else just change the single damaged unit

done - don't think about it anymore.

re-torque everything according to manual.

Bill Sherwood says every remember to oil the bolt thread and hole, but everyone forget to oil the surface where the bolt touches the limit. How to explain.... oil the whole god dam bolt.

When torquing use extreme patience, if torque value require 30 lbs, set 15, 20, 25, 28, 30

each torque turn 30 degrees only. move on and come back, very very little slowly

Clearances must follow.

No more upgrade required.

i have to use back my old head.....current head all damage can't be repair....can't even see the plug head....... wasted my port n polish head......

get used BT pistons...shud not be expensive..
then use the spare head. this time must work out properly with the head so tht u wun face the same problem again same time...

btw, did the cracked piston damage ur block?
and how's the condition of the spare head?

alvin, since your damage is on the head, change head lor, then find a secondhand piston or 1 whole set not expensive i think...

synchron.....today will remove eng block...will look at the con rod bearing....... piston wall have to rebore coz got some scratches......spare head is original n working condition

my Opi...
1) Change new Engine ( Engine Ksong costly not more than 800 lor..)
2) Change parts..
3) Downgrade to smaller CC.. eheh!
4) change to 16V and changes to all performance parts until can bit Formula Atlantic...

Go Go Tom's!!!!!

for meeee...overhauled the engine...like mine...

at least u will know the engine condition...plus my previous car (A174), engine bought for the price RM250... :D then overhalued...can use up to 5years, travel frequently to the whole M'sia (was a technician car), done a lot of high revving also, heee...untill now still running, but got oil leak already...OK what 5 years...

Alvin, sorry to hear that the head cannot use anymore, I thought only valves gone. Really sad man. I come see you this afternoon after see customer at damansara heights and bangsar hill. My last day at work.

I buy you lunch also.

OK, end. Below is for forumers eyes only, not for alvin, alvin, please don't scroll down.

Hey guys, when is Alvin's BD ar?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom